Is this desk good?

Saddy

Hello, I am thinking about buying a new desk to support 2+ monitors. I have found this very nice desk, http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S29047257/. Could anyone look at it and "grade" it for me?

The delivery for me cost $139.00 and the closest store for me is an hour away in dense traffic, so I want to make sure it would be worth my time. Thank you

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post solved your problem, please press the check below :).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 minute ago, Saddy said:

Hello, I am thinking about buying a new desk to support 2+ monitors. I have found this very nice desk, http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S29047257/. Could anyone look at it and "grade" it for me?

The delivery for me cost $139.00 and the closest store for me is an hour away in dense traffic, so I want to make sure it would be worth my time. Thank you

The drawers are nice but shipping from Ikea isn't always the greatest. They might send that via courier instead of via UPS or FedEx in which case it's usually much better. I can't speak for the top though but it looks nice.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

The drawers are nice but shipping from Ikea isn't always the greatest. They might send that via courier instead of via UPS or FedEx in which case it's usually much better. I can't speak for the top though but it looks nice.

Yeah I was planning on going to the store and picking it up, I don't trust their shipping. 

Yup it's good.

Will support two monitors and a PC no problem.

Just don't use clamping monitor mounts like this one:

Image result for clamping monitor mount

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I was going to get a Linnmon, but I found it wasn't very deep, and the desks were rather unstable. Instead I bought this http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/30116264/

WAY more stable, much more depth, and you can make it as big or small as you want with the leafs. Perfect computer table IMO

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Yup it's good.

Will support two monitors and a PC no problem.

Just don't use clamping monitor mounts like this one:

Image result for clamping monitor mount

Yeah lol. My monitors have a nice stand anyways. Thank you for your help.

If you live in the Northeastern US, I can recommend a couple of good furniture makers who'll build you a proper desk as big as you like.

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

6 minutes ago, Statik said:

I was going to get a Linnmon, but I found it wasn't very deep, and the desks were rather unstable. Instead I bought this http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/30116264/

WAY more stable, much more depth, and you can make it as big or small as you want with the leafs. Perfect computer table IMO

Hmm, it doesn't seem that different and has a pretty big jump in price, and no drawers. I think I will stick with Linnmon, but if they have it in display instore I will see and keep in mind the BJURSTA

1 minute ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

If you live in the Northeastern US, I can recommend a couple of good furniture makers who'll build you a proper desk as big as you like.

I live in South Central, although the Linnmon should fit pretty nice

3 hours ago, Saddy said:

I live in South Central, although the Linnmon should fit pretty nice

Could you concievably carry a desk back from Vermont?

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

UPDATE --

I have decided to create a custom desk using parts from this

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/workspaces/11844/

and

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/workspaces/11845/

as it fits better and I can customize it. Thank you for your assistance.

5 hours ago, Statik said:

I am in the same place as you, was looking at the Linnmon but wasn't too sure. What do you think about this? http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S19006399/#/S19006399 Its perfect for where I'm planning on putting it but not too sure how deep and stable it is.

3 hours ago, Slaxc said:

I am in the same place as you, was looking at the Linnmon but wasn't too sure. What do you think about this? http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S19006399/#/S19006399 Its perfect for where I'm planning on putting it but not too sure how deep and stable it is.

I am not an expert and you shouldn't go off of what I say, but I think it is very nice. It has adjustable height, which is nice.

Specs --

(Length: 63 "
Depth: 43 1/4 "
Min. height: 25 5/8 "
Max. height: 33 1/2 "
Max. load: 220 lb 7 oz)

If it is well made, it should be stable, although don't quote me.

1 minute ago, Saddy said:

I am not an expert and you shouldn't go off of what I say, but I think it is very nice. It has adjustable height, which is nice.

Specs --

(Length: 63 "
Depth: 43 1/4 "
Min. height: 25 5/8 "
Max. height: 33 1/2 "
Max. load: 220 lb 7 oz)

If it is well made, it should be stable, although don't quote me.

Ok and the depth, do you you know if thats the corner part or like the regular straight part?

Just now, Slaxc said:

Ok and the depth, do you you know if thats the corner part or like the regular straight part?

I am not certain.

Just now, Saddy said:

I am not certain.

Alright well thanks a ton for the help :)

Just now, Slaxc said:

Alright well thanks a ton for the help :)

No problem :)

16 hours ago, Slaxc said:

Well if you look at the photos, it's not very deep.  A laptop nearly fills it up. It looks more stable though

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro