Help, please.

Terryv

I'm looking for a white mechanical keyboard with cherry switches. Any color cherry switch is fine except blue.

It seems to me that most available are Chinese switches.

Canadian retailers/websites preferably.

Any suggestions?

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's

A white keyboard.

be prepared for it to be REALLY dirty...

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

2 minutes ago, Jrock said:

A white keyboard.

be prepared for it to be REALLY dirty...

i'm pretty sure there is something called cleaning the keyboard ?

Anyway Cherry switches lookalike aren't that bad actually see reviews on YT for them. They aren't bad nor that good.
I couldn't find cherry for that matter actually. Seems like white keyboards hates Cherry.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

1 minute ago, adham. said:

i'm pretty sure there is something called cleaning the keyboard ?

Anything white goes yellowish after a while.

What about the parts that you can't get at?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

Just now, Jrock said:

Anything white goes yellowish after a while.

Sometimes yes but still if you took good care of it i doubt you would lose your fancy bling.

What about the parts that you can't get at?

I'm pretty sure you could disassemble keyboards down to the small bits and led.

its probably better just to get a decent keyboard, paint it, and get white keycaps.

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Just now, Tsuki said:

its probably better just to get a decent keyboard, paint it, and get white keycaps.

Not a bad idea but too much effort for just the color white? plus decent keycaps would add to the cost.

2 minutes ago, adham. said:

Not a bad idea but too much effort for just the color white? plus decent keycaps would add to the cost.

$25 for a decent set of keycaps, another $5 for a can of spraypaint vs $80+ for a white keyboard that isnt shit.

sounds like its the cheaper way to go

|Specs in profile|

Just now, Tsuki said:

$25 for a decent set of keycaps, another $5 for a can of spraypaint vs $80+ for a white keyboard that isnt shit.

sounds like its the cheaper way to go

Why would you get a white keyboard if you gonna spray it to paint it white? o.O

3 minutes ago, adham. said:

Why would you get a white keyboard if you gonna spray it to paint it white? o.O

you wouldnt?  i said you get a good keyboard, then spray paint it.

it would be cheaper than trying to find a while keyboard that isnt shit

|Specs in profile|

Just now, Tsuki said:

you wouldnt?  i said you get a good keyboard, then spray paint it.

it would be cheaper than trying to find a while keyboard that isnt shit

Oh i got you now. But to be fair not all non-Cherry white keyboards are "shit".
A lot of them are pretty good with good ratings/reviews.

1 minute ago, adham. said:

Oh i got you now. But to be fair not all non-Cherry white keyboards are "shit".
A lot of them are pretty good with good ratings/reviews.

i agree, theres a lot of really good mechanical ones that just dont use cherry that are really good too.

But OP explicitly stated he wanted Cherry switches.  and there arent any white keyboard that have cherry switches, that are good, that cost less than $160

|Specs in profile|

Just now, Tsuki said:

i agree, theres a lot of really good mechanical ones that just dont use cherry that are really good too.

But OP explicitly stated he wanted Cherry switches.  and there arent any white keyboard that have cherry switches, that are good, that cost less than $160

Yes, A guy just posted a white keyboard which was priced at 180$ which is 
1-bullshit.

2-a public rip-off.

Still i wouldn't lie it looks like a total dream 9_9

3 minutes ago, adham. said:

Yes, A guy just posted a white keyboard which was priced at 180$ which is 
1-bullshit.

2-a public rip-off.

Still i wouldn't lie it looks like a total dream 9_9

yea, one that i posted looks pretty cool, but its on sale for $174, its normally $250

|Specs in profile|

3 minutes ago, KiraHeart said:

My post above has a white keyboard with MX Blue for under $100 CAD

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

48 minutes ago, Terryv said:

I'm looking for a white mechanical keyboard with cherry switches. Any color cherry switch is fine except blue.

It seems to me that most available are Chinese switches.

Canadian retailers/websites preferably.

Any suggestions?

>.> but yes the mx brown in that list works sorry for the double post sigh... still new

2 hours ago, Terryv said:

-snip-

Well, I have a Ducky Shine 6 Snow White Edition (Silver / Speed switch), but yeah, they are pretty much sold out from what I've seen in the US. They're available in several switches assuming you even find one now.

I paid $160 for mine, but well worth it.

There's also the white version of the Ducky One keyboards (Some are RGB, some are just one color, some aren't backlit at all. Ducky makes quite a few varieties of keyboards)

Sadly though, I have to agree with the cleaning comment. This thing shows dust, crumbs, and hair very fast. I have to vacuum it every week or so. haha.

Thanks for all the suggestions. The Tesoro ones suggested seems like the closest so far, even if they aren't white (looks like brushed aluminum). 

I forgot to mention earlier, that this is for my wife. Looks like ten keyless is out. I've tried suggesting the off brand switches, but she says they're too loud.

I like the ducky keyboards, unfortunately they are too expensive here (200+) and most are not available at all. 

I'm trying to keep to what I can here here. Last time I ordered something from the USA, I paid an absurd amount for import fees.

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's