Not enough space

Super panda

Hey guys

I have a 960 EVO 256 GB M.2 ssd and right now I have only 100 mb free space. Win 10 is just eating up my free space !!! I uninstalled all the unnecessary programs + deleting temp and page files + turning off hybride mode + disabling windows 10 updates but nothing helps !!! I think everytime I restart the computer I have less and less free space for no reason. PLZ help  (sorry for bad english)

Untitled.png

did you turn off autocreating system recovery images?

use disk cleanup from windows 10 and click remove old system files

if that doesnt help try the windows support doesnt always help but sometimes you get very competent people

am hungry

I highly doubt Windows 10 is eating up all your free space... is this your only drive or do you have a hard drive as Well?

Where are you installing your programs?

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

1 minute ago, TheV_Machine said:

did you turn off autocreating system recovery images?

use disk cleanup from windows 10 and click remove old system files

if that doesnt help try the windows support doesnt always help but sometimes you get very competent people

autocreating system recovery image is turned off and disk cleanup from win 10 didn't really help :(

2 minutes ago, Hiitchy said:

I highly doubt Windows 10 is eating up all your free space... is this your only drive or do you have a hard drive as Well?

Where are you installing your programs?

I have 2 TB hard drive and all my programs and games are there. I only installed a few programs in my ssd

open a command prompt as administrator and type this : chkdsk C: /f /v /x

and turn off windows restore points, they are like mini backups

am hungry

1 minute ago, TheV_Machine said:

open a command prompt as administrator and type this : chkdsk C: /f /v /x

done. this is what i get: 

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063]
(c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. Alle rechten voorbehouden.

C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk C: /f /v /x
The type of the file system is NTFS.
Cannot lock current drive.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
process.  Would you like to schedule this volume to be
checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)

type y and let your pc restart

Just now, Nima123 said:

done. this is what i get: 

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063]
(c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. Alle rechten voorbehouden.

C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk C: /f /v /x
The type of the file system is NTFS.
Cannot lock current drive.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
process.  Would you like to schedule this volume to be
checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)

am hungry

6 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Use Ccleaner

please dont say ccleaner if that program was my son i would still kill it its such a pile of steaming s**t

am hungry

6 minutes ago, TheV_Machine said:

please dont say ccleaner if that program was my son i would still kill it its such a pile of steaming s**t

why not?There's a reason it's so popular

My life

in my opinion, just because its bloatware. is put on every laptop and just slows the pc down horribly

i mean LoL is shit too and its still mmore popular than my waifu dota2 !dota2 fangay hyyypetrain! :D

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

why not?There's a reason it's so popular

am hungry

Just now, TheV_Machine said:

just because its bloatware.

except it's not. there's something else in the system thats affecting that

My life

Just now, TheV_Machine said:

in my opinion, just because its bloatware. is put on every laptop and just slows the pc down horribly

i mean LoL is shit too and its still mmore popular than my waifu dota2 !dota2 fangay hyyypetrain! :D

agreed. The only thing cccleaner does is deleting your temp files but you can do it manually ;)

13 minutes ago, TheV_Machine said:

Then use a software like WinDirStat which generates a nice pretty picture which shows you which folders use the most disk space , and you can then go in those folders and delete the crap.. like temporary files, installation log data, temporary internet files.

Screenshot

^ it looks like this and you can see the biggest blocks use most disk space, so you can just click on the big blocks and then above you see the folder using that amount highlighted.

You can also try to use the integrated Disk Cleanup utility from Windows  .. i don't know if the name changed in Windows 10, in Windows 7 you can just hit Start and type in the search / run text box Disk Cleanup and it should appear in the search results.  For best results, right click on it and select "Run as administrator" if there is such an option

When running as administrator, the tool can do a more thorough cleaning.

If it doesn't show up when you type Disk Cleanup , you can try entering cleanmgr.exe

But really, that CCleaner tool should be fairly safe, and there's a free version of it. It's not adware or anything bad.

2 minutes ago, TheV_Machine said:

Bloatware is software that is unwanted by the user and has no actual use. If CCleaner was installed on my laptop when I first got it, I'd be pretty happy.

1 minute ago, Nima123 said:

agreed. The only thing cccleaner does is deleting your temp files but you can do it manually ;)

Okay, so just go into your registry and delete all the values you don't really need as well while you're at it. :)

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

2 minutes ago, Nima123 said:

Which is annoying (there can be literally hundreds of files in dozens of different locations), can be unsafe (are you really sure that data is temporary or safe to delete at the time?), and if you were using the disk cleanup tool, it doesn't touch other applications that barf temporary data in their local directories and may not bother to clean up (it won't touch Firefox and Chrome for instance)

CCleaner also has other tools, like letting you remove context menu entries and wiping drives.

1 minute ago, mariushm said:

Then use a software like WinDirStat which generates a nice pretty picture which shows you which folders use the most disk space , and you can then go in those folders and delete the crap.. like temporary files, installation log data, temporary internet files.

Screenshot

^ it looks like this and you can see the biggest blocks use most disk space, so you can just click on the big blocks and then above you see the folder using that amount highlighted.

You can also try to use the integrated Disk Cleanup utility from Windows  .. i don't know if the name changed in Windows 10, in Windows 10 you can just hit Start and type in the search / run text box Disk Cleanup and it should appear in the search results.  For best results, right click on it and select "Run as administrator" if there is such an option

When running as administrator, the tool can do a more thorough cleaning.

If it doesn't show up when you type Disk Cleanup , you can try entering cleanmgr.exe

But really, that CCleaner tool should be fairly safe, and there's a free version of it. It's not adware or anything bad.

already recommended win10´s disk cleanup to the op, but thanks for recommending windirstat :D i just had my own experiences with ccleaner cleaning up/building rigs/"pls make them run fast again, i think  i have a virus" for a few years now. it just bloats your system with unneccesarry, power demanding processes you can do on your own better and it brings more bloatware with it( most of the time). also if its for gaining back used diskspace, windows 10 embedded tools are always the best because they are optimised for their own work enviorment aka win 10. Just my personal opinion

am hungry

God CCCleaner.. Please just Die already.

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333