CPU Overheating

Help my I5-6500 is reaching 100 degrees celcius i am using the heatsink that came in the box. i took it off and saw the thermal compound was black. I replaced it with my own compound and it still overheats 

9 minutes ago, crazytechkid said:

Help my I5-6500 is reaching 100 degrees celcius i am using the heatsink that came in the box. i took it off and saw the thermal compound was black. I replaced it with my own compound and it still overheats 

Overclocked much?  Have you tried backing down on the oc to see if the temps drop and the system becomes stable?

3 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Overclocked much?  Have you tried backing down on the oc to see if the temps drop and the system becomes stable?

I doubt a locked chip usng a stock heatsink will be overclocked.

Sounds more like something isn't properly mounted.

Holy shit, what kind of pressure are you putting on that CPU?

Case: Corsair Graphite 760T || PSU: Corsair RM650i || Mobo: Asus RoG Strix Z270E || CPU: Intel i5-7600K @4.8GHz || Cooler: Corsair H110i v2 || RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHz 16GB White LED || GPU: MSI GTX 1070 8GB GAMING X || SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB, Samsung MZ1280 M.2 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

there is nothing running on my computer I boot into the bios and let it sit and after about 5 minutes its 100