Activision's CEO Hints at more Historical Call of Duty Settings

6 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

As far as sci-fi settings I really like Crysis and Nanosuit aspect how it works, make multiplayer so fun. 

For new CoD WW2 now beta for PC is yet to be seen.

PC cod IW was elusive as well. 

I like the idea of the nanosuit in crysis but I just couldn't get into the game. 

5 hours ago, BuckGup said:

MW2, COD Blops, MW3, and WaW were the best

MW2 & MW3 were excellent knowing the pretext of cod 4. (story wise)

Blops was really good too. I liked the Honest trailer for the black ops series. They said WaW was "The one not called black ops" haha.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj34crUypTWAhVC34MKHYbfBh8QyCkIKjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DpB1LzY7smcM&usg=AFQjCNEtyw1Dt4lJjc6Kxn9Punt4JMbCiQ

5 hours ago, ZackBarletto said:

lol. I think they just wanted double jump.... and mid air fire fights. that's it... at least for me, I never remember to even use the abilities!

They were going for more cinematic crazy battles since MW2. 

*Engaging corporate bullshit translation mode*

Last year's release, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, took the battle to space for the first time, and the new direction prompted mixed reaction from fans of the series

Fans hated the last COD and our shareholders didn't like that

For fans who prefer the more classic, grounded Call of Duty, this year's Call of Duty: WW2 seems to be offering a solution.

internally, the feeling was right that it was time to "return to [the series'] roots" by bringing the games back to their original setting.

We saw how well BF1 did and our shareholders demanded we copy that

He also briefly touches on the possibility of Call of Duty's evolution from a yearly franchise into a game-as-service model (as utilised by games such as Destiny).

In our last board meeting the shareholders said they'd heard other games were making bigger bucks by rebranding as services instead and that this rebranding also allowed them to justify more micro transactions and paid DLC so we should definitely be doing that ASAP

He's more firm, however, on the prospect of future historical games, citing the "very rich territory"

hqdefault.jpg

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

snip

stop using logic! it hurts my thing in the head 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

On 9/6/2017 at 11:14 AM, djdwosk97 said:

I would buy the shit out of a US Civil War CoD.

Yes it was. 

Black Ops is where I stopped playing the CoD series