Filling the empty space in desk pc

So I built a desk pc, based off linus's build. But instead of custom loop liquid cooling, i stuck with the stock air cooling. You can see the build log here:

Now the problem I'm having is one of all the extra space on the left hand side. The side that linus has all the water cooling parts. Originally I had planned to build a storage server or stream pc on the other side, but now, I don't know. I pivoted my business so I no longer need the stream pc, and so far in the last 5 years, the 2tb hdd I have plugged into my router has been more than adequate for my storage needs. I'm kind of at a loss for what to do on the empty side. I'm kind of thinking of putting my network equipment in there, but I'm not sure.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

With it being a desk PC specifically, it does not really lend you a hand with my ideas. 

Could you add say maybe add two Barrow T-Virus resivours there just for the appearance of them? :o 

Maybe you could add a hard drive caddy so you can easily add more drives down the road in the corner? 

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

3 hours ago, EnergyEclipse said:

With it being a desk PC specifically, it does not really lend you a hand with my ideas. 

Could you add say maybe add two Barrow T-Virus resivours there just for the appearance of them? :o 

Maybe you could add a hard drive caddy so you can easily add more drives down the road in the corner? 

Liquid cooling is pretty much off the table. I'm not willing to invest in that since it's unnecessary. My temps are pretty much below what I could hope for. I was thinking adding a few hdd to my existiing array, but beyond that, I still don't know what tot do with the final third of the case. Thanks for the tips though.

8 hours ago, faytleingod11 said:

Liquid cooling is pretty much off the table. I'm not willing to invest in that since it's unnecessary. My temps are pretty much below what I could hope for. I was thinking adding a few hdd to my existiing array, but beyond that, I still don't know what tot do with the final third of the case. Thanks for the tips though.

Lel I didn't actually mean a custom loop xD I mostly just see some people add cool looking resivours into there systems even without liquid cooling purely for the look of it.

I hope you find ideas soon! :D

-EnergyEclipse

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

@faytleingod11 I'd put some dials there. An ammeter, a voltmeter, things like that. Wire them to a molex connector, and the pointers will move as soon as you turn on your computer. If you decide to do this though, be more careful than I was, and don't use an ammeter that's designed for 0 to 200mA. Unless you'd like to have some smoke under that glass, that is.

• 2 weeks later...

Very good point, I had the same problem/question when I started my 72" long desk PC. I choose this desk length thinking of three monitors setup which is quite wide. Also I was thinking that at some point I might want to move on a water cooling system so I wanted to make sure that I have enough room for everything.

Populating this 72x32" enclosed glass top was a big challenge. Even if I decided to place the PSU right in the middle, there is a limit of how far you can stretch the components power cables. Even if I order the longest cables on the market I couldn't set the components aside the way I wanted. ( for the SATA I have 1,5 meter cable). Not to mention all the 5.25 bays mounted on the front of the desk. It was impossible to evenly distribute all the components . I choose to jam the left side with most of the components and on the right I stretched the SATA and power cables to the max to setup the storage ( SSD+HDD).

I bet that it will not be long until the Nzxt and other cool guys are going to come up with products that will let PC builders and Modders to flip and place components wherever they want - from the ceiling to the floor if their design will require.

For now I am very happy with my fan cooling desk PC. Very quiet and surprisingly cool. The only thing I don't like about this desk PC is the blunt squarish shape, looks kinna' dumb.

If anybody has any idea about how to place hard drives about 5 or 6 feet away from the motherboard please bring it on the table. Looks like there are many in need for a solution for this,