Stress program crashes

So, I just bought a new gaming rig:

MSi B350 Tomahawk Arctic

Ryzen 5 1600

Trident Z 3200MHz

ASUS Dual GTX 1070 8GB

And I decided to OC my Ryzen. I am on 3.9GHz and 1.35V right now. Cinebench is working perfectly normal, but when I run Aida64, the program alone crashes. And that got me confused because when the OC wasnt working, the PC crashed entirely when I ran cinebench. So is the Aida crash a problem of the problem itself or is it the OC

Thanks!

bump the voltage to 1.4 and let us know the results. Your chip might not like 3.9

4 minutes ago, Pengu1N said:

try reinstalling aida64. could be a bug.

Do this first though..

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

Just now, dave_k said:

RAM?

Its written there :) TridentZ 3200MHz  (RGB)

Just now, RandomGuy13 said:

Program crashing is the thing you are looking for when you are stress testing a OC. If it crashes then you have instability and the CPU is making errors. I would first try reinstalling AIDA64, Maby try a different version, Then if the crashing still persists try using another stress test like prime95. If you keep getting crashing then dial back your OC.

Also you might want to remove your OC and try running both Cinebench and AIDA64 to also see if it is the OC that is causing the problem

I ran it before on different OC and it worked ok for 10+ mins

Ok, so I reinstalled Aida and ran the benchmark. Crashed again so as @Jrock suggested, I bumped the voltage to 1.4V. Temps were high af but it didnt crash. I ran Aida for 10 mins and cinebench 3 times. I guess i should lower the voltage to 1.36V or something near it.. ?

OC Printscreen.png

i mean like i know what msi am4 are capable of but such issue seems too small for msi mobo

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

Just now, dave_k said:

i mean like i know what msi am4 are capable of but such issue seems too small for msi mobo

What do you mean by that

Just now, Bluxies said:

What do you mean by that

they are worst for Ryzen, but this issue seems weird

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

8 hours ago, RandomGuy13 said:

Update the UEFI, If that doesn't fix it then I guess you will just have to run a lesser overclock, or have a higher voltage.

I heard that updating your UEFI is pretty risky, is it such a big deal? 

On 6. 9. 2017 at 11:29 PM, RandomGuy13 said:

Its only risky if your computer powers off during the update. Because you are on such a new platform the motherboard manufacturers are updating the UEFI all the time, You should only update the UEFI if there is a problem, and you are experiencing a problem so I think it is worth a shot especially if you haven't updated it since you got the board.

I checked the UEFI version and it was like 7 days old when i got it 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy13 said:

When did you get it?, You are on a new platform, there are frequent updates because it is so new.

I got it in the last week of august

2 hours ago, RandomGuy13 said:

I also want to just note that you might not be able to overclock the CPU because the RAM is such a high speed. The 

B350 chips set has some problems with memory over 3000MHz. Perhaps you could underclock your ram to 3000MHz and see if that allows your oc to be stable.

Thats the second problem I wanted to talk on this forum. My ram is running at 2133MHz even tho the box states 3200Mhz. Tried OCing it but failed in both XMP and manual.

1 minute ago, Bluxies said:

Thats the second problem I wanted to talk on this forum. My ram is running at 2133MHz even tho the box states 3200Mhz. Tried OCing it but failed in both XMP and manual.

Did you try to increase SOC & RAM voltages?

If not try that, and then set ddr oc.

if (c->x86_vendor != X86_VENDOR_AMD)

setup_force_cpu_bug(X86_BUG_CPU_INSECURE);

Just now, Filthyscum said:

SOC

Honestly i have no idea what is that, but i tried going up to 1.35V which didnt work so i tried it by slow bits up to 1.5V. 

No success :c

11 minutes ago, Bluxies said:

Honestly i have no idea what is that, but i tried going up to 1.35V which didnt work so i tried it by slow bits up to 1.5V. 

No success :c

Not familiar with the MSI UEFI, but you should find it with if you look around abit. There is this nice youtube video with an AMD guy going over it with an MSI board, can't find it now though ?

Try keeping it at the rated volts for the sticks (1.35v?) and bumping SOC first.

Edited by Filthyscum
hurf durf

12 minutes ago, Filthyscum said:

Not familiar with the MSI UEFI, but you should find it with if you look around abit. There is this nice youtube video with an AMD guy going over it with an MSI board, can't find it now though ?

Try keeping it at the rated volts for the sticks (1.35v?) and bumping SOC first.

Okay thank you very much 

7 minutes ago, Bluxies said:

Okay thank you very much 

Good luck, hope you get it working??