How to set upp SSD caching?

Jizburg

i have a KINGSTON  SH103S3120G SATA Disk Device  (120 GB, SATA-III)
and a Hitachi HDT721010SLA360 SATA Disk Device  (1000 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)

Is there any way to set upp these two so that the SSD caches what the other disk uses?
so that they would act like a 1120gb hybrid drive?

Intel smart response, is the program that will cache the HDD.

But it would act as a 1tb drive. Not 1120gb. 

The SSD would just be a drive that caches your frequently used programs. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

i have a KINGSTON  SH103S3120G SATA Disk Device  (120 GB, SATA-III)

and a Hitachi HDT721010SLA360 SATA Disk Device  (1000 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)

Is there any way to set upp these two so that the SSD caches what the other disk uses?

so that they would act like a 1120gb hybrid drive?

Plug in the both SSD. Set SATA mode to RAID. You may have to reinstall OS. use drivers from intel website. Download the rapid storage technology tool and set caching from there. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

You may need a Z67/77/87 board to do intel smart response.  I know you used to have to but that may have changed.

Corsair Obsidian 800D | Msi GD-80 z68 | Intel Core i72600k (stock speeds at the moment) | Msi Gtx 570 twin frozr III | 8GB Corsair Dominator @1600mHz | Coolermaster evo 212 temporary) | Cooled by Gelid Wings | Intel SRT smart caching | Windows 7 ultimate x64

You may need a Z67/77/87 board to do intel smart response.  I know you used to have to but that may have changed.

oh that might prove to be a problem... i have a Asus Crosshair V Formula with a AMD 8350 processor.

Intel smart response, is the program that will cache the HDD.

But it would act as a 1tb drive. Not 1120gb. 

The SSD would just be a drive that caches your frequently used programs. 

ah ok. but well a 1tb hybrid drive is not to bad :P

Plug in the both SSD. Set SATA mode to RAID. You may have to reinstall OS. use drivers from intel website. Download the rapid storage technology tool and set caching from there. 

I only have 1 SSD and 1HDD just to be clear.

so the question remains.. can i do this on an AMD system?

I think there are other kinds of software, but guess Intel Smart Response Technology is reserved for the Intel master race. 

I think there are other kinds of software, but guess Intel Smart Response Technology is reserved for the Intel master race. 

yes.. i have seen that AMD have some fairly good RAM cache but thats not realy what i want.

This http://www.romexsoftware.com/en-us/primo-cache/ seems to be a viable solution. I have never used it before, but I looked around on a few forums and this seems to be what some people use.  Im not sure how it works or if it caches things the same way intel SRT does, you'll have to look into that yourself :P

EDIT: After looking into it a bit more, i think that this may be a ram caching solution :/

Corsair Obsidian 800D | Msi GD-80 z68 | Intel Core i72600k (stock speeds at the moment) | Msi Gtx 570 twin frozr III | 8GB Corsair Dominator @1600mHz | Coolermaster evo 212 temporary) | Cooled by Gelid Wings | Intel SRT smart caching | Windows 7 ultimate x64

hmm well.. is it possible to get a RAID card that might have the functionality i seek?