Good GPU... For the money

bobthecheeseburger229

in the higher tier, I'd say the R9 290 is the best price to performance card available right now.

Well what is your budget. The best GPU for around 100 dollars is the 7770....

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

in the higher tier, I'd say the R9 290 is the best prince to performance card available right now.

So is the 280X the best king to performance card available?

As everyone else said, either the 280X or the 7970.

So is the 280X the best king to performance card available?

As everyone else said, either the 280X or the 7970.

Hah..I typo'd with prince instead of price.

The 280X/7970 Ghz edition cards are the same so get whichever is cheaper. If you wanted to spend 400 on a graphics card, the R9 290 is the card to get. If you want to spend less, the 280X is a possibility.

Depends where you're shopping/located, price range, and what the system's being used for.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

R9-290.

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

Depending on your budget, the R9 290 or the R9 280X would be solid choices.

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA RTX 2080 XC | Asus ROG Maximus XI | Intel M.2 nVME SSD 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 2X2TB | 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 RAM | EVGA SuperNova GS 1050W | Kept cool & quiet in a Fractal Design Define R5 Window with all Noctua fans