Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD

damianisko

i´m going to buy the Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD, it will be my first audio interface. i would like to hear from someone who actually used it,

since it´s suspiciously cheap for what it is. :D

thanks for any answers.

ASUS ROG Strix GL502VM

i7-6700HQ | GTX 1060 6GB | 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 128GB SSD+1TB HDD 5400 RPM | 1080p IPS G-Sync 

I should have bought this. To save money I bought their Xenyx Q502USB instead, which is a mixer, but performs all of the same functions as far as I know. I am not an audio engineer in any way, I know basically nothing about audio. I will say my mixer works great. The audio isn't 100% clean, I still use a noise filter in post for my Youtube videos to remove a SLIGHT background hiss (basically not noticeable until you remove it in post and see)

What is your use case? do you record multiple mics and want to monitor? Do you need analog eq knobs and mixing for more than 2 inputs?

I have the behringer umc22 myself, cheaper version but for the price is great for single mic monitoring. Mic recording is crystal clear, only complaint is 1/4 monitor has slight background hum at 80percent volume but only noticable when nothing is playing and is not powerful enough to be my main dac for more difficult to drive headphones.

Specs: Amd 1700x | NH-u12s | Asus crosshair hero vi | 2x8g Gskill flare x | Zotac 1080 | Samsung 960 EVO | Seasonic ssr-750GD | Thermaltake core x5 |

i´ll be using it as an external sound card for my laptop, i play a midi keyboard and occasionally use it to record some voice-overs and maybe will try a guitar + voice recording in the future, so the 2 inputs will surely come in handy. 

3 hours ago, doits said:

and is not powerful enough to be my main dac for more difficult to drive headphones

yea, i´m aware of that, not a problem for me

but i´m glad to hear that the preamps sound clear

ASUS ROG Strix GL502VM

i7-6700HQ | GTX 1060 6GB | 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 128GB SSD+1TB HDD 5400 RPM | 1080p IPS G-Sync