Keeping your computer on a rug?

nkucz

The Prodigy?

yes

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

So much money for a piece of wood...

lol a pretty piece of wood that is

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

My 800D is on a rug...

probably not the best idea.. xD

Hey everybody!

I have recently started running out of room on my desk and soon will be getting monitor speakers which will leave me no choice but to put my computer on the floor. The floor unfortunately is a rug which will bring tons of dust and debris into the chassis. I have heard that keeping your computer on a rug in general is not good for the computer, I'm using the Bitfenix Prodigy M just so everyone knows. But, what is a solution to all this? Put a chair mat under the computer? Any ideas?

If possible do the following:

- Elevate the bottom of the case and floor (rug) for enough room for air flow.

- Put a wooden plank under the case

- You should be able to turn the case psu fan the other way, serving as exhaust fan unit for the inside components.

this may also depend of they type of rug. "Grassy" rug may be a worse platform, leaving you to using a clean wooden plank or switching out the PSU direction. 

Thank You for contacting EA support

Ryan M.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

If possible do the following:

- Elevate the bottom of the case and floor (rug) for enough room for air flow.

- Put a wooden plank under the case

- You should be able to turn the case psu fan the other way, serving as exhaust fan unit for the inside components.

this may also depend of they type of rug. "Grassy" rug may be a worse platform, leaving you to using a clean wooden plank or switching out the PSU direction. 

Thank You for contacting EA support

Ryan M.

lol. My case is already elevated :)

Well im under the impression you can fit one speaker on the desk while the cp is in the way of the other.. why not just put it on top of the cp?

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see but don't think that will work with my case... I have an oddly shaped case

It will

Well im under the impression you can fit one speaker on the desk while the cp is in the way of the other.. why not just put it on top of the cp?

because that will look ugly :)

because that will look ugly :)

okay? & your case already does so it doesnt matter :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

okay? & your case already does so it doesnt matter :)

wow you're so mature. yet cases are such a personal matter why does your opinion matter? :)

wow your so mature. yet cases are such a personal matter why does your opinion matter? :)

it matters as much as the person who listens to it values it. & don't ask for a solution to a problem when there isn't one.

Your psu isn't down facing and the case is already elevated. Unless you have an animal who shedds and windows open your computer will be fine.

it matters as much as the person who listens to it values it. & don't ask for a solution to a problem when there isn't one.

Your psu isn't down facing and the case is already elevated. Unless you have an animal who shedds and windows open your computer will be fine.

No offense, but I stopped valuing your opinion the minute you insulted my computer case. Which if you must know I chose because I needed a small portable mATX case and imo it looks pretty nice in white. 

lol. My case is already elevated :)

Well, than switch the PSU fan direction or add a clean plank of wood for good extra measure. 

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Well, than switch the PSU fan direction or add a clean plank of wood for good extra measure. 

I think I chose the best case ever for this because my psu intakes air from the front of the case!

I think I chose the best case ever for this because my psu intakes air from the front of the case!

Prodigy. 

EDIT: 3570K!

Prodigy. 

EDIT: 3570K!

huh?

huh?

I was being rude I apologize. If you wanna try something creative, post a picture of your desk/setup & I can shoot you some ideas.

Like taking a metal coat rack and creating it into a speaker stand by mounting a wood plank onto it and having two shelves to put the speakers on.

Or drilling a wood pannel to the side with metal brackets to have your case hanging down underneath.

small mods based on your desk setup with every day tools in your home and probably wood from a supply shop

I was being rude I apologize. If you wanna try something creative, post a picture of your desk/setup & I can shoot you some ideas.

Like taking a metal coat rack and creating it into a speaker stand by mounting a wood plank onto it and having two shelves to put the speakers on.

Or drilling a wood pannel to the side with metal brackets to have your case hanging down underneath.

small mods based on your desk setup with every day tools in your home and probably wood from a supply shop

No problem man I understand, I will post some pics tomorrow. However after this black friday sale I'm seeing on newegg, things may change! :D

No problem man I understand, I will post some pics tomorrow. However after this black friday sale I'm seeing on newegg, things may change! :D

Lots and lots of beautiful cases :P I'm grabbing a 900D

huh?

the Prodigy case.

And you have a 3570K

Lots and lots of beautiful cases :P I'm grabbing a 900D

I actually currently have a Fractal R4 but I'm building a new system and I won't have as much space (college) so I bought the original Prodigy last night and the 4670k and the MSI Z87i :)

I actually currently have a Fractal R4 but I'm building a new system and I won't have as much space (college) so I bought the original Prodigy last night and the 4670k and the MSI Z87i :)

Ah I'm in college but I have an apt