Gaming mouse worth buying?

AT0MAC

I have a Asus Gladius mouse were the rubbery pads on the sides are starting to come loose, the glue have given up.

I have had it for a really long time so instead of fixing it maybe its about time to try something new.

The last few years I have had a Mionix Naos 5000, Razer Mamba, Razer DeathAdder Mac ed., Logitech G5 (the original orange) just to mention those I remember.

I play FPS games and have a weakness for sniper games, so a combination of speed and accuracy is needed, specially like when you can on the fly change profiles.

There are SO many mice out there it makes my head kind of hurt, what should I take for a spin in your opinion?

My Gaming PC: 27833

15 minutes ago, AT0MAC said:

I play FPS games and have a weakness for sniper games, so a combination of speed and accuracy is needed, specially like when you can on the fly change profiles.

I play Overwatch and use the Logitech G Pro.  It's said to have the best optical sensor and is widely used by many pro Overwatch players.  The software allows for multiple profiles and DPI settings, adjustable polling rate.  It's one to consider doing your research on.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

G502, Rival 300/500, Steelseries Sensei, G403

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

15 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

G502, 

^^

On 9/1/2017 at 10:04 PM, johndms said:

I play Overwatch and use the Logitech G Pro.  It's said to have the best optical sensor and is widely used by many pro Overwatch players.  The software allows for multiple profiles and DPI settings, adjustable polling rate.  It's one to consider doing your research on.

Yes I looked at specially that one, would also match my Logitech G413 Silver keyboard pretty nicely, it just looks a little simple by design, is it any good to grab for long periods of time?

1 hour ago, AT0MAC said:

Yes I looked at specially that one, would also match my Logitech G413 Silver keyboard pretty nicely, it just looks a little simple by design, is it any good to grab for long periods of time?

I use the Fingertip Grip method as opposed do the Claw Grip, or Palm Grip, and I've never noticed any sort of fatigue in my wrist or hands.  However, I only tend to play in durations of about one hour before I get bored and do other things.  Sadly, I'm nowhere near the hardcore gamer I used to be.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

i also use fingertip grip and own the logitech g pro, to me it's very comfortable, but then my hands are also relatively small, i'm not sure how it would be for someone else.

another mouse worth considering, imo, would be one of the zowie EC/FK series mice, depending on your palm size and grip preference.

there's also this site: http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/top-40/ 

might be worth checking out - i like his reviews.

On 9/1/2017 at 9:04 PM, Bananasplit_00 said:

G502

Best mouse I have ever used.

Just now, TBExChilLx said:

Best mouse I have ever used.

the only problem i have with it is that i find it too light even with all the weights in it, but i like my mice to way bricks so....

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

On 9/4/2017 at 3:07 PM, Wolfskie said:

there's also this site: http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/top-40/ 

might be worth checking out - i like his reviews.

That site is pretty good!

Looks like the G403 or the Sensei 310 would fit the best into what I want. Thanks for the suggestions, now its all up to me to order them and test them out

On 9/1/2017 at 10:04 PM, johndms said:

Just FYI it has the sensor as G403, G502 and G900. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Corsair M65 is pretty decent for FPS games. It can be had for quite cheap to since it's on sale pretty often.

A local store here have gotten their hands on a pile of "Omen by HP, with Steelseries technologies" mice for pretty cheap.

I held one in the hand today, it feels awfully plasticy and the clicks sounded horrible, even that it was unpacked for me to hold in the store, so i know it was brand new.

Kind of turned me off from the Steelseries 310 as it looks very similar to the RIval lineup.

I know the Omen uses some home brewed Steelseries buttons, not omrons, but still it felt wrong.

The problem with my Gladius mouse is that one of the rubbery panels is loose and have to be refitted every time i want to use it, im thinking the easiest solution for now will just be a bit of glue..... Actually surprised to see that the Rocket Jump Ninja never made a proper review of this mouse, its really good