Switching Gpu In laptop

Go to solution Solved by LienusLateTips,

Both soldered

Im not sure if I'm posting in the right thread but i have a dell inspiron 7567 and was wondering if i could switch out the gpu and or cpu 

Both soldered

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Nope, that's something you lose when you get a laptop. Even if you could getting the right parts would be almost impossible.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

definitely not possible. I have the 7567 and am suprised at how well the 1050ti performs in games actually at 1080p (native panel resolution) most games run at high at 60fps or more, doom on ultra at over 120fps!

1 minute ago, jarmenti said:

definitely not possible. I have the 7567 and am suprised at how well the 1050ti performs in games actually at 1080p (native panel resolution) most games run at high at 60fps or more, doom on ultra at over 120fps!

well i didnt get the 1050ti i got the plain old 1050

oops lol!, I made sure to get the 1050ti, as i was fully aware its like 30% faster!

6 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Nope, that's something you lose when you get a laptop. Even if you could getting the right parts would be almost impossible.

you can buy mxm gpu cards and you can replace them in a laptop with a mxm socket and a compatible panel and heatsink

Spoiler

That's the thing with laptops, you can't really skimp on cost and hope to upgrade later as far as cpu and gpu go, The dell 7000 doesn't have a mxm slot. The cpu and gpu are soldered to the board.

The only way to upgrade is selling and buying another system

They are soldered on to the board, which means you can't upgrade them. :(

1 minute ago, jarmenti said:

That's the thing with laptops, you can't really skimp on cost and hope to upgrade later as far as cpu and gpu go, The dell 7000 doesn't have a mxm slot. The cpu and gpu are soldered to the board.

check this

2012 laptops upgraded with a pascal gpu. yes you need a mxm socket for that

yes 7567 is a totally soldered laptop

Spoiler

Just now, sicily428 said:

check this

2012 laptops upgradedwith a pascal gpu. yes you need a mxm socket for that

The OP's laptop doesn't have a MXM slot!

well that just sucks its no big deal for me but this is mainly for school and light gaming on the go

Just now, jarmenti said:

The OP's laptop doesn't have a MXM slot!

yes dell gaming laptops suck!

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, sicily428 said:

its not that it sucks that much its just that it could be better than what it is 

6 minutes ago, sicily428 said:

far from "suck" lol. The 7000 gaming is like the best performing machine you can get for under 1k! Sure there's better systems, but not at that price point! The next best machine to that is like the acer predator helios 300, and that gets you a 1060 instead of a 1050ti, but several hundred dollars more!

4 minutes ago, jarmenti said:

far from "suck" lol. The 7000 gaming is like the best performing machine you can get for under 1k! Sure there's better systems, but not at that price point! The next best machine to that is like the acer predator helios 300, and that gets you a 1060 instead of a 1050ti, but several hundred dollars more!

exactly so i get what i paid for but it would be great if i could do more to it than just replace ram and put an ssd in it

Just now, NinjaMonkey2017 said:

exactly so i get what i paid for but it would be great if i could do more to it than just replace ram and put an ssd in it

Laptops have been like this for a long time lol. Unless you buy 2K plus machines, and even then lots still have soldered gpu's. It's common knowledge when buying a laptop that cpu/gpu aren't usually upgradeable. Even my past laptop , asus g73 had a MXM slot but it was nonstandard form factor and upgrading wasn't possible (in some cases it was but required modifying the heatsync and losing external display ports (hdmi etc). 

33 minutes ago, jarmenti said:

I know that a 7567 has a good price and that range of laptops are totally soldered and I was not enough clear. Alienware (they are dell gaming laptops)  suck! there are better options like msi GT or clevo Pxx IMO

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, jarmenti said:

Laptops have been like this for a long time lol. Unless you buy 2K plus machines, and even then lots still have soldered gpu's. It's common knowledge when buying a laptop that cpu/gpu aren't usually upgradeable. Even my past laptop , asus g73 had a MXM slot but it was nonstandard form factor and upgrading wasn't possible (in some cases it was but required modifying the heatsync and losing external display ports (hdmi etc). 

Asus is the worst example for talking about mxm gpus IMO

check clevo p150em, p170em, p370em, p150sm, p170sm, p377sm, p750dm, p775dm, p570wm or msi gt70, gt72, gt72s or old alienware 17x r4, 17 r1, 17 r5, 18x r2. All these have been upgraded with pascal gpus :)

Spoiler

I'm fully aware those machines are upgradeable, but they are far from the price point that the OP could afford , since he wasn' able splurge the extra hundred or so to get the 1050TI option in the dell. I'm just saying you won't find a "NEW" laptop in the 1k price range with MXM upgradeable graphics, that isn't beefy! and buying a used 2 yr old model, and then buying a pascal mxm card on top of this, still puts the cost up there!

3 minutes ago, jarmenti said:

I'm fully aware those machines are upgradeable, but they are far from the price point that the OP could afford , since he wasn' able splurge the extra hundred or so to get the 1050TI option in the dell. I'm just saying you won't find a "NEW" laptop in the 1k price range with MXM upgradeable graphics, that isn't beefy! and buying a used 2 yr old model, and then buying a pascal mxm card on top of this, still puts the cost up there!

I'm trying to say that upgrades are not impossible but I know that a laptop with a mxm socket costs more than 1000$.

Spoiler