how to get the most out of a 3tb drive

athrun55

I tried to do this myself and failed horribly. What I did was tried to load secure boot options which made my motherboard beep 6 times and not even detect my hdd. I heard you needed uefi and I don't know if I can do it.

if I can't use uefi is there any way I can do this besides formatting my hdd to a different format which allows 3tb+ (I don't remember what it was called).

Anyways here are a few pics to help with my questions

20170828_064113_HDR.jpg

20170828_064317.jpg

20170828_064324.jpg

20170828_064335_HDR.jpg

2017-08-28.png

When you choose enable for secure boot did you see an option to pick the type of OS type?....it should show UEFI and Legacy or just Legacy alone, you need to chose the one for the OS type you have installed on your boot disk.

The format type you mean is MBR/GPT right?

Also why did you post your keys, don't ever do that again.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I actually don't get any options when I enable secure boot. It just says to disable legacy to enable secure boot but it doesn't let me pick anything else.

As for the format that was just something I saw on a video long time ago in the past when I tried to get this problem solved but at that time I didn't have a very good pc and I knew I didn't have uefi so I thought there was no point but now that I got this I thought I would give it another go.

As for my keys I am not to sure what you mean as I was just taking pics of things I thought would be useful. I am sure the don't ever do that again was more of a reference to don't do this again because it could get you in some serious trouble as these keys are important and need to be kept safe while the rules I can't imagine would have any problem with it.