I7-7700HQ Idle / Load

I'm looking to find other people who might own a Laptop equipped with an I7-7700HQ. I've got the Gigabyte P55v7, which has an I7-7700HQ / GTX 1060 6GB / 16GB RAM. 

Now from what I have been seeing, IDLE temps for this processor span between 40's to high 50's. I'm getting anywhere between 50 - 60 IDLE and for a Laptop (I'm not as experienced with Laptops) if these Temps are considered safe. I haven't tested this current model as I just got it back after going through RMA with another, but suggestions? 

I am currently undervolting -125. I do have a Laptop cooling pad, and some extra cooling. I'm more interested in knowing if these Temps are considered "safe". 

Those temps are safe, albeit a tad on the high side considering the beefier size of the thing.

Not exactly sure what temps my 7700HQ MBP sit at, but with that and a Radeon Pro 555, I can game on it without it really burning my legs. If that's your experience with the hotter and more powerful 1060, I'd call it a day.

Though, I'd look at the fan curve, and tweak it if increasing the low end of it doesn't make your laptop sound like an F14 or F/A 18F.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

• 1 month later...
On 8/27/2017 at 10:11 PM, CalvinHunt99 said:

I'm looking to find other people who might own a Laptop equipped with an I7-7700HQ. I've got the Gigabyte P55v7, which has an I7-7700HQ / GTX 1060 6GB / 16GB RAM. 

Now from what I have been seeing, IDLE temps for this processor span between 40's to high 50's. I'm getting anywhere between 50 - 60 IDLE and for a Laptop (I'm not as experienced with Laptops) if these Temps are considered safe. I haven't tested this current model as I just got it back after going through RMA with another, but suggestions? 

I am currently undervolting -125. I do have a Laptop cooling pad, and some extra cooling. I'm more interested in knowing if these Temps are considered "safe". 

Guessing -.125mv? And could try changing paste to ic dimoind or CLU or something I have the same specs in a acer predator g5-973-72 and idle more 30-40s with gaming around 70-75c under there curve under 100% cpu gpu and fan I'm around 60-65c. If you go clu make sure to use nail polish or electrcal tape. Also some thermal paste on dies do not work as they have a pumping out effect and need to be replaced so often because they spread off the die an example is mx-4 has to be replaced every week or less pretty much to keep low temps in my experience on my laptop otherwise it would go back to stock thermals so I changed to CLU. You can blow out the dust I'd there is any otherwise how are temps under heavy loads or gaming? If they stay under 95c it's not bad as you are not thortling but pascal needs to be kept cool to get the most out of the clock head room in gpu boost 3.0 also ambaint temprures? If it's 30c or more that would be a cuase for high thermals as well.