plastic mat static?

chimmychunger

Ok so my pc is going on a carpet, i didnt want any static so i got a plastic mat (like one of those you put your desk chair on), one side is rough one side is smooth, both seam to pull my hair up when i rub it on my head. witch side do i put my pc on. (its designed for pc's)

rough one 

rough one 

so put my pc on the rough side and have the smooth side one the capet

so put my pc on the rough side and have the smooth side one the capet

yes. but that doesnt mean its anti static you know? 

however, you have absolutelly nothing to worry about. 

Plastic is still bad for static problems because if you rub the plastic against something conductive such as yourself or the carpet you'll still get a charge through it. Why not get a piece of wood instead?

Plastic is still bad for static problems because if you rub the plastic against something conductive such as yourself or the carpet you'll still get a charge through it. Why not get a piece of wood instead?

so i souldent use the plastic mat

It will be in a case right?  Once it is in a case you don't need to worry about the carpet, if it is plugged in the case will be earthed and you'll have no issues.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

It will be in a case right?  Once it is in a case you don't need to worry about the carpet, if it is plugged in the case will be earthed and you'll have no issues.

so evan if i had the mat it will all be cool. My carpet is descusting and i dont want to put my pc on it

You can put your PC directly on carpert or metal or any other material. BECAUSE, your PC when plugged in, is going to be grounded, so it's not going to charge up staticaly.

Hope this helped,

Greetings.

EDIT: 

so evan if i had the mat it will all be cool. My carpet is descusting and i dont want to put my pc on it

Putting something between the carpet and the PC however will help to keep your PC a bit cleaner, you won't have as much dust build-up.

That French guy who lives in the Netherlands and speaks German.

so long as it is complete, wired up and plugged in it will not be an issue.  Static is about voltage potentials, but when your case is plugged into he wall the earth drains and voltage potential away from your case so it won't effect the internal parts.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

waight so what im getting is i can put my pc on the mat as long as its plugged in, Does it need to be on

waight so what im getting is i can put my pc on the mat as long as its plugged in, Does it need to be on

yes and no it does not need to be turned on, just plugged in.