PC Rebuilding: HDD can't get recognized ??

oc-co
Hey guys.

I've recently got my new Silent Wings 3 fans, and I had to remount almost everything in my PC just to be able to fit 3 of them (2x front, 1x bottom).

Now I'm having issues where my motherboard won't recognize my HDD (but it recognizes my SSD and optical drive and everything else so far) even tho everything is plugged in the way it should be (SATA Power cable from the PSU + SATA3 cable) so I'm wondering if anyone might be able to help me with this and see what is the problem.

Here is what I did since I got the fans:

- Removed my CPU cooler + RAM	- Removed my GPU	- Removed all my PSU cables (I wanted to improve my cable management so that the fans can bring in a lot of air)	- Removed the lower HDD cage from the case (this is where the HDD was before, later I put the HDD in 3.5" optical drive bay	 	- Installed new fans	- Remounted the CPU cooler + RAM	- Remounted the GPU	- Put my HDD at 3.5" optical drive bay (next to my optical drive)	- Reconnected all the cables	 	- Done!
After all of that, I turned on my PC (with the open side panel to check if everything is spinning and working as intended), gone into BIOS to check the temps and RPM of all fans, everything looked good, I exited the BIOS only to be greeted by flashing "_" line with the text " Insert something something boot order" which I have gone back into BIOS to check the boot order and have seen that there is no HDD on the list anywhere.

I shut down my PC and replugged all cables for HDD and still the same problem :(

Would anyone have any suggestions for a fix ?

Also my case is Fractal Design Define R5, and this is how it looks minus the HDD cages:

ba403609-7bf6-4dfc-b96c-7059e3549e58

Thanks in forward and sorry for the long post :D

The image you've posted shows HDD cages. A lot of them. Also, I can't scroll left for some reason on that list of things you've done. What are your full specs? It could be a PSU issue, but I don't know because I can't read all that you've tried.

Edit: I can read the text now.

HEADS UP, THIS ACCOUNT IS INACTIVE NOW

I'm keeping everything else the way it was for anyone who might check out my answers in future, but I won't be using LTT.

Don't forget to quote me when replying to me!

Please explain your question fully, so I can answer it fully.

PSU Tier List Cooler Tier List SSD Tier List  My Specs Below!

Spoiler

My PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2GHz

Cooler: Stock Wraith Spire

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000mHz 16GB DDR4 (2x8GB) RGB

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming ATX

SSD: Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5"

HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm

GPU: Asus ROG Strix OC GTX 1060 6GB

Case: Cooler Master H500P

PSU: Corsair RM650i 650W 80+ Gold Fully Modular

Fans: 4x Cooler Master Masterfan Pro 120 Air Balance

Spoiler

Potato Laptop (Samsung Series 5 Ultrabook, 2013):

CPU: Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3337U @ 1.8GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3 2133mhz SODIMM (1x4GB Samsung, 1x4GB Kingston)

SSD: Kingston 24GB SSD (originally for caching)

HDD: HGST 500GB 5400rpm

GPU: Intel HD 4000 Graphics

2 minutes ago, JaegerB said:

The image you've posted shows HDD cages. A lot of them. Also, I can't scroll left for some reason on that list of things you've done. What are your full specs? It could be a PSU issue, but I don't know because I can't read all that you've tried.

CPU: i5 2500K

GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G

PSU: SuperFlower Leadex Gold 650W

RAM: Patriot 2x4GB 1600MHz
HDD: Samsung Spingpoint 1TB HD103SJ
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Also here is the text in the code copy/pasted:

- Removed my CPU cooler + RAM
- Removed my GPU
- Removed all my PSU cables (I wanted to improve my cable management so that the fans can bring in a lot of air)
- Removed the lower HDD cage from the case (this is where the HDD was before, later I put the HDD in 3.5" optical drive bay

- Installed new fans
- Remounted the CPU cooler + RAM
- Remounted the GPU
- Put my HDD at 3.5" optical drive bay (next to my optical drive)
- Reconnected all the cables

- Done