External HDD help required please

iHDCool

Hello guys. Okay, so I own an HP compax elite 8000 small form factor pc.

Specs : 

Psu: Weird looking form factor 240w 

gpu: gtx 1050 ti msi 4gb low profile

cpu: core 2 quad q9650 3ghz

hdd: 250gb WD 3.5 inch SATAIII 6gb/s

Now what I want, is to buy a new HDD, because only 80gb free are left currently and I plan on installing other programs wich need more, so I was thinking on buying a new HDD, problem is, as a small form factor pc,  no way I can fit another HDD there and I really don't want to swap HDDs and do fresh install (Im quite newbie when it comes to pc stuff as you can see). So I was first thinking about an external HDD but not sure if that works like an internal HDD where  I can install game files, programs and keep it plugged in 24/7, or if i need to fix BIOS or anything for that. So please, suggestions and help :[ 

The external HDD should work via USB like an internal. And i'm pretty sure the external would already be formatted for windows, so all you would need to do is plug it in.

And I can keep it plugged 24/7? sit it somewhere above the case or on the back and use it like its interal? Like, fill it with games and such? 

3 minutes ago, iHDCool said:

And I can keep it plugged 24/7? sit it somewhere above the case or on the back and use it like its interal? Like, fill it with games and such? 

Yup, I recommend sticking it on with double sided tape and make sure it's at least 7200 rpm.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Velcro tape works well also.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Oh, and double sided

EDIT: My bad, saw you mentioned that earlier

Okay thanks now, last thing, in near tech shops, 500gb external hdd is 45 euro and 1tb is 55 euros, i'm kinda on a budget so all i got is 30 euros atm. And I doubt i'll be getting more money any time soon because of the new gpu i bought so, do you think i should buy it in ebay? There are used ones, 500gb, for 20 $. Opinons?

9 minutes ago, iHDCool said:

Okay thanks now, last thing, in near tech shops, 500gb external hdd is 45 euro and 1tb is 55 euros, i'm kinda on a budget so all i got is 30 euros atm. And I doubt i'll be getting more money any time soon because of the new gpu i bought so, do you think i should buy it in ebay? There are used ones, 500gb, for 20 $. Opinons?

Buying used hard drives is a little like buying a used keyboard. Sure, it may look okay, but you don't know what God awful things were happening to it, but if you're on a budget then I guess buying a used one is not the worst thing. If you have a choice, buy a hard drive from a hot girl though (If you know what I mean B|)

Try, fail, learn, repeat...

10 minutes ago, zwirek2201 said:

Buying used hard drives is a little like buying a used keyboard. Sure, it may look okay, but you don't know what God awful things were happening to it, but if you're on a budget then I guess buying a used one is not the worst thing. If you have a choice, buy a hard drive from a hot girl though (If you know what I mean B|)

Yeah xd, it took me a while, well another problem sorta popped up, i found a lot of solid looking HDDs in ebay, 500gb-1tb for 15-20$ (used) but none of them ships to my country lol (suprise, suprise). And ehm, any other site I can look  for used hardware and such? Trusted sites ofc