Pcie 2.0

17 minutes ago, rn8686 said:

Dont know if I like the look of that PSU, may be a problem depending on what card you are buying (May be worth replacing for anything high end). 

It should do fine, as long as the GPU he's installing isn't Vega or something. Also provided he's not overclocking his CPU.

Just now, goraga112 said:

I am almost 100 % sure its 4th gen cpu

Just did some quick research so could be wrong but your cpu is not even close to a bottleneck for a 1050 ti

PCIe 3.0 is backwards compatible with 2.0, so you should be fine. Minimal performance loss, but not enough to make a full system upgrade to a motherboard with PCIe 3.0 worth it.

1 minute ago, Cruorzy said:

You do have a 4th gen, was talking about my 2nd gen. Since people asked me why im running a 1080 Ti on pcie 2.0 ;)

Oh, sorry.. thought you were just stupid..

6 minutes ago, LeinadTM said:

It should do fine, as long as the GPU he's installing isn't Vega or something. Also provided he's not overclocking his CPU.

Its enough wattage, but there is little information about the power supply and it looks a bit dodgy to me. Should be good for a 1050, but I wouldn't trust it for a 1060 or higher. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

1 minute ago, goraga112 said:

Oh, sorry.. thought you were just stupid..

:o

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored 

24 minutes ago, goraga112 said:

Why the fuck do you have 1080 ti and 2.0 motherboard?

Watch your language. You are here to receive feedback to your questions not to criticize others decisions. And specially with that kind of language. Don't be disrespectful with the members.

If he runs a 1080Ti in a 2.0 PCI-E slot he must have a good reason (as he already stated). And my common sense tells me that if he can afford a GTX 1080Ti he know his "sh!t" so don't assume he's stupid. Hell, he could pair the 1080Ti with a 2nd gen i3 and I wouldn't care as long it's his money and that's his decision. 

Again, from what I've noticed, looks hard for people to ask St. Google tis kind of stuff first. Don't get me wrong I got no problem with you coming here and ask for help, but as always you could do a quick google search and then if you're not sure you ask here and eventually could say that you searched on google but you're not sure.

Long post, no potatoes for you. Enjoy your new graphics card.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

18 minutes ago, rn8686 said:

Its enough wattage, but there is little information about the power supply and it looks a bit dodgy to me. Should be good for a 1050, but I wouldn't trust it for a 1060 or higher. 

My friend uses this psu for 1060, and its running just fine

3 minutes ago, r3loAded said:

Watch your language. You are here to receive feedback to your questions not to criticize others decisions. And specially with that kind of language. Don't be disrespectful with the members.

If he runs a 1080Ti in a 2.0 PCI-E slot he must have a good reason (as he already stated). And my common sense tells me that if he can afford a GTX 1080Ti he know his "sh!t" so don't assume he's stupid. Hell, he could pair the 1080Ti with a 2nd gen i3 and I wouldn't care as long it's his money and that's his decision. 

Again, from what I've noticed, looks hard for people to ask St. Google tis kind of stuff first. Don't get me wrong I got no problem with you coming here and ask for help, but as always you could do a quick google search and then if you're not sure you ask here and eventually could say that you searched on google but you're not sure.

Long post, no potatoes for you. Enjoy your new graphics card.

Roasted... 

I came here instead of google, because i trust this forum much more then google.

Just a curiosity.. u from 9gag?

1 minute ago, goraga112 said:

I came here instead of google, because i trust this forum much more then google.

Just a curiosity.. u from 9gag?

In your matter there are a plenty of articles from reputable websites and with very detailed info (benchmarks and so).

Happy to hear that you trust this forum. So show some RESPECT.

Yeah I live on 9gag planet where only potatoes are planted. Happy?

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

Just now, r3loAded said:

In your matter there are a plenty of articles from reputable websites and with very detailed info (benchmarks and so).

Happy to hear that you trust this forum. So show some RESPECT.

Yeah I live on 9gag planet where only potatoes are planted. Happy?

Yes. I live in country built on potatoes.. literally