Corsair VS650

hi all LTT members. i have a question regarding my psu which is a corsair vs650. i bought it bcos i think that it qould be decent as the brand was corsair and i had very litle knowledge about psu at that time. after doing a lot of research regarding psu in past few days and fully understand about a good psu characteristics, i realized that the vs650 is a potato psu. i regret that i did not study enough about psu before buying. ive built my pc on 1st of august and bought this psu in hope that it is reliable enough to power my pc:

cpu: intel i5-7500

gpu: asus 1070 strix oc edition

mb: asrock b250m-hdv

lets say that max power consumption for the whole system is around 350-400W, it doesn't even reach 75% usage of the psu itself. therefore, would it be ok to run my pc using this psu until i had enough money to upgrade to a high quality full modular one? sorry for the stupid question, i'm just an ordinary man who makes mistakes. :/

If you're in the US you can pick this up for 26.99(after rebate), much better quality.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/FQ648d/corsair-power-supply-cp9020101na

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

30 minutes ago, adibhaniff said:

hi all LTT members. i have a question regarding my psu which is a corsair vs650. i bought it bcos i think that it qould be decent as the brand was corsair and i had very litle knowledge about psu at that time. after doing a lot of research regarding psu in past few days and fully understand about a good psu characteristics, i realized that the vs650 is a potato psu. i regret that i did not study enough about psu before buying. ive built my pc on 1st of august and bought this psu in hope that it is reliable enough to power my pc:

cpu: intel i5-7500

gpu: asus 1070 strix oc edition

mb: asrock b250m-hdv

lets say that max power consumption for the whole system is around 350-400W, it doesn't even reach 75% usage of the psu itself. therefore, would it be ok to run my pc using this psu until i had enough money to upgrade to a high quality full modular one? sorry for the stupid question, i'm just an ordinary man who makes mistakes. :/

Your system uses less than 300W under load so it's probably not the end of the world but it would be a good idea to replace it the moment the warranty runs out.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

thanks for all the replies. appreciate it.

11 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Your system uses less than 300W under load so it's probably not the end of the world but it would be a good idea to replace it the moment the warranty runs out.

so, it is okay to keep using the vs650 for the time being? maybe it will be around a year before i make any upgrades. will it hold?

6 hours ago, adibhaniff said:

thanks for all the replies. appreciate it.

so, it is okay to keep using the vs650 for the time being? maybe it will be around a year before i make any upgrades. will it hold?

Yeah, should be fine

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||