Thinnest Rad, Fan & Mount you've seen?

The thinnest one I've found is the TD-03 Slim from Silverstone - clocking 37 (Radiator and Fan) + 39.5 (Water Block) totaling to 76.5 mm total.

The only problem is - I need one that is less than 67mm.

I think a great amount of size could be taken off of the water block - but I'm really new to water cooling.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

6 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

The thinnest one I've found is the TD-03 Slim from Silverstone - clocking 37 (Radiator and Fan) + 39.5 (Water Block) totaling to 76.5 mm total.

The only problem is - I need one that is less than 67mm.

I think a great amount of size could be taken off of the water block - but I'm really new to water cooling.

you could always use just a slimline fan on the inside and mount the rad externally. looks awesome imo, i did the same to a MSi nightblade a long time ago:

post-226488-0-47455000-1437311140_thumb.jpg

You're adding the block thickness? Are you planning on stacking the rad directly on top of the CPU block? If so, you're not going to get much airflow through the rad, and you might as well just go for an aircooler like a Noctua NH-L9x65 or NH-L12 (single fan) at that point.

2 minutes ago, bfairs said:

You're adding the block thickness? Are you planning on stacking the rad directly on top of the CPU block? If so, you're not going to get much airflow through the rad, and you might as well just go for an aircooler like a Noctua NH L9x65 at that point.

Eh, the block would reduce the efficiency of the rad by about %21.6 (theoretically).

I'm working on compatibility crap for cases - so I would just like to know if it's possible (smart - perhaps not) to shove one in.

As for the Noctua NH L9x65 - that's the cooler on my personal rig. It's great - but I want to know if it's theoretically possible (I'm sticking with the L9x65 regardless of the outcome).

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/