Fresh Windows install madness

A_man

So I'm REALLY confused tight now. There's so much to ask but i don't know where to begin, so I guess I start from the beginning... I recently bought an upgrade to my PC and ended up with this:

Ryzen 5 1600 w/ wraith spire cooling

MSI B350 Gaming pro carbon

Corsair vengence LPX DDR4 3200MHz CL16 16GB

MSI gtx 960 (this wasn't upgraded)

Crucial BX100 256GB SSD (This wasn't upgraded)

WD Caviar Blue 500GB 7200RPM (This wasn't upgraded)

The rest I think is not needed but tell me if you want it. And here is a list of my problems/concerns/confusion and what made me go crazy:

1. I don't know what is Windows 10 WHQL support

2. I installed new BOX windows 10 64/32 bit USB but on the non UEFI mode because of this error: windows can only be installed to gpt disks

3. If I switched the whql support, would I be able to install the UEFI windows 10?

4. Does this have to do with my board not recognizing my DVD drive plugged into SATA3 port and that I can see 4 USB drives in windows though they don't exist? (E:/ F:/ G:/ and H:/)

5. does this have to do with my audio problem?

6. Should I update my bios to v15? I have v14

7. Should I reinstall windows but this time with WHQL support enabled and with UEFI mode? (If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's that the USB windows stick has 2 install modes: w/ and w/o UEFI and I don't know anything else about it)

8. Why can't I turn my ram to 3200MHz though the board can read it's XMP profile, changes it to the profile but still shows ram running 2133MHz (the ram is tested for 3200MHz by the manufacturer on their website (search for CMK16GX4M2B3200C16R) and is even samsung B-Die)

9. And last but not least, Can I kill myself now? Because I hate this sh*t and I'm going crazy.

If it sounds confusing to you, it's because it is. AMA if you need more explanation over this situation. and please tell me quickly if I should reinstall, because I don't want to settle down too much and have to format everything again.

EDIT: Audio is solved, trying the reinstall tomorrow morning, will update my status

EDIT2: DVD is working now, I had a bad SATA cable

EDIT3: reinstalled windows, did all the stuff you told me to and most of the problems are fixed. I also updated bios which significantly improved post time and now after leaving bios it turns on and off a few times but eventually boots up. Above you can see the remaining problems.

Yes, what is shown in the video is what you need to do, backup any data first as it will wipe the entire drive.

How much problems will it solve? this is so other ppl can help me with the rest

11 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

6.Nope

Just wanted to know why, because it says that they improved post time and rn it post really slowly

Just now, L.Lawliet said:

i am going to bed 

I should go to bed too

I also want to add another problem:

10. whenever I exit bios, even without changes it goes into kind of a "postloop" and It looks like it turns for 2 seconds then turns off again and again and again. The only way I found to stop it is to wait for it to turn on and in this slim time period while its on I press the power switch and wait for it to turn off, then I wait for 10 second before turning it on again and this time it boots normally. any idea what causes it and could the bios update fix it?

EDIT: after i turn it off by long pressing the power switch and powering it on it turns off then on then off and only then it boots normally.

2 hours ago, L.Lawliet said:

8.After turning on the xmp u should see memory speed, change the auto to 3200Mhz

Tried it, still the same

I updated the first post, most of the stuff seems to be ok now after the reinstall, the only remaining problem is with the RAM but I think I'm gonna move it to another topic, in a more appropriate section.

2 minutes ago, Necrodor21 said:

mobo problem same with me

qvl only accept 3k speed

I'm figuring it out with others here

1 minute ago, A_man said:

You are looking at QVL of AMD Aseries processors, not ryzen.

sory for that you were right