So what is G-sync do i need it and rate my future monitor pick

FoxAxe

so what is g-sync and do i need it? what does it do? only thing that i know is that it relly costs ALOT

Could somebody smart explain it to me i would relly appreciate it

do i need it? im probprably going to get a gtx 1080ti and ryzen 5 160 (if the specs matter)

and i want to get high refress rates so im getting a 144hz display and becouse im getting a gtx 1080ti

i wanted to atleast for sometime enjoy the 1440p 144hz goodnes and after my gtx 1080ti gets old im going to lower the resolution to 1080p so the performance increses  (does it work like that????)

and after that im going to drop some visuals and  after that im going to just try to get a playable fps so im looking for 5years from my gtx 1080ti with newest games.

my current pc has lasted 8years but i relaise that is not going to happen anymore with the rapid changes in technology and my expectations have risen in want to play the newset games becouse now i can play only old games with this pc OC´d

this is my monitor pick (subject to change)

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B071JH67R8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&psc=1

does anyone have experience with Iiyama becouse i sure haven´t i just heard of that company

But the reasons for this pick is that is has RELLy good specs and a good price

ALL answers are appriciated (if they help XD)

It boils down to this: G-Sync adjusts the refresh rate of the monitor to avoid tearing and give you smoother gameplay

Do you NEED it? That depends, if you can get a monitor that fits into your budget with G-Sync and you've got an Nvidia GPU, then go for it.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

That monitor list as free sync. But I only read English. As a gsync user, I own 2 pg278qr 165hz. Totally worth it in my opionion. No screen tearing or studdering. However, nvidia cards now have a new option for vsync. It used to be on or off, on lock at 60 and no screen tearing but maybe studdering if it misses a frame and higher input latency. New vsync options are fast renders all frames but drops incomplete frames before it hits the monitor. Next best without gsync. I use it on my 4K tv and works great.

Just now, Lurick said:

It boils down to this: G-Sync adjusts the refresh rate of the monitor to avoid tearing and give you smoother gameplay

Do you NEED it? That depends, if you can get a monitor that fits into your budget with G-Sync and you've got an Nvidia GPU, then go for it.

So am i going to get screen tearing if i dont have g sync

and im okey with a little screen taering here and there but the whole time and big tears??

1 minute ago, Loadent said:

That monitor list as free sync. But I only read English. As a gsync user, I own 2 pg278qr 165hz. Totally worth it in my opionion. No screen tearing or studdering. However, nvidia cards now have a new option for vsync. It used to be on or off, on lock at 60 and no screen tearing but maybe studdering if it misses a frame and higher input latency. New vsync options are fast renders all frames but drops incomplete frames before it hits the monitor. Next best without gsync. I use it on my 4K tv and works great.

so i get v sync for free if i have a nvidia gpu? and it stops screen tearing?

1 minute ago, FoxAxe said:

Not really, V-Sync is a solution to cap your refresh rate at 60FPS, it's not dependent on the GPU at all. There might be some Nvidia technology that interacts with it for a better experience, but if you're getting a 144Hz monitor and capping your gameplay at 60FPS, there is no point in having a 144Hz monitor.

3 minutes ago, FoxAxe said:

So am i going to get screen tearing if i dont have g sync

and im okey with a little screen taering here and there but the whole time and big tears??

It's possible, I can't say for sure. You could get really bad screen tearing or just a little, all depends on the situation, the game, etc.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Kind of. It will ensure a smooth experience unless your fps drops significantly below your monitors refresh rate, but your 1080ti will keep you above that for a lonnnnnggg time.

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Not really, V-Sync is a solution to cap your refresh rate at 60FPS, it's not dependent on the GPU at all. There might be some Nvidia technology that interacts with it for a better experience, but if you're getting a 144Hz monitor and capping your gameplay at 60FPS, there is no point in having a 144Hz monitor.

It's possible, I can't say for sure. You could get really bad screen tearing or just a little, all depends on the situation, the game, etc.

cant u set V sync to like 100fps??

Just now, FoxAxe said:

No, that's not how it works.

It's a 60FPS cap.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

No, that's not how it works.

It's a 60FPS cap.

WHY??????? would they do that >:(

2 minutes ago, FoxAxe said:

Because that's how the technology is designed to work.

It's to stop stuttering and tearing on standard monitors with a 60Hz refresh rate and to keep things in sync.

https://hardforum.com/threads/how-vsync-works-and-why-people-loathe-it.928593/

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

3 minutes ago, FoxAxe said:

V sync and G sync are two different ways of solving screen tearing. V sync limits the FPS to 60 because most monitors operate at a 60hz max. G sync is able to dynamically support many different frame rates up to 144fps matching every frame rendered with the frame displayed, all while reducing input lag, which is the other major drawback of V sync (the time it takes for you to make an input with your mouse or keyboard to the time it shows on your monitor)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Because that's how the technology is designed to work.

It's to stop stuttering and tearing on standard monitors with a 60Hz refresh rate and to keep things in sync.

https://hardforum.com/threads/how-vsync-works-and-why-people-loathe-it.928593/

What should i do then i dont have the money for a 1440p gsync monitor

What should i do then i dont have the money for a 1440p gsync monitor

How long would it take to save up another 100 Euro?

You could get this:

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/tN4NnQ/acer-predator-xb271hua-270-2560x1440-165hz-monitor-umhx1eea01

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

G-SYNC works best when you have fluctuating frame rates, where one moment, you have 120FPS and in the next moment, you have 75FPS. This is especially noticeable in games like Grand Theft Auto V, where your FPS tends to be better in Blaine County than in Los Santos.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Just now, FoxAxe said:

@Lurick

so g sync is kind of obligatory for a gtx 1080ti?

If you're spending that much on a GPU, I would definitely go with a G-Sync monitor

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

If you're spending that much on a GPU, I would definitely go with a G-Sync monitor

so im buying my pc pretty soon but the monitor wont come before december and i have 2 60hz monitors

are the scrren tearings so bad that im not going to be able to play? or they would just ruin the experience

i knoiw you said it depends but i little expectation

Just now, FoxAxe said:

so im buying my pc pretty soon but the monitor wont come before december and i have 2 60hz monitors

are the scrren tearings so bad that im not going to be able to play? or they would just ruin the experience

i knoiw you said it depends but i little expectation

Depends on the game.

You might be able to get away with it for a bit but it might ruin the experience a bit.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

@Lurick

so i saw this

so do all G-sync monitor come with this HDR thing? or is it going to cost even More ::(

Just now, FoxAxe said:

@Lurick

so i saw this

so do all G-sync monitor come with this HDR thing? or is it going to cost even More ::(

They should come with HDR included.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

@Lurick

Freaking rasist amazon i have found 2 relly good monitors for a fair price with G-syn and theyt dont ship to Finland >:(

im relly tempted to send a consumer complaint

Just now, FoxAxe said:

@Lurick

Freaking rasist amazon i have found 2 relly good monitors for a fair price with G-syn and theyt dont ship to Finland >:(

im relly tempted to send a consumer complaint

Because they don't ship to your country that makes them racist and deserving of a complaint?

Maybe something prevents them from doing so....

You could try to find them locally.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: