Ryzen 7 1700 vcore

Hi all,

At this moment I got my R7 1700 stable OC'd to 3.8 ghz at 1.35 volts with the stock cooler. This weekend I'm gonna install my kraken x52 cooling so I'm able to increase voltage to see if I can reach a higher OC. 

Any thoughts on the max voltage I should be running ?

Personally 1.4 but some people run at 1.45. At around >3.75 you'll see some longevity effects

seen common recommendations of no more than 1.45, 1.4 if you want to play it extra safe

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

28 minutes ago, Cyracus said:

seen common recommendations of no more than 1.45, 1.4 if you want to play it extra safe

Ok. Thanks.

Lots of people say the maximum recommended  voltage by AMD is 1.42v because depending on LLC mode (load line calibration) selected in bios anything above that value could result in a voltage close to or above 1.45v, the point where the cpu is pretty much guaranteed to degrade or break.

I'd say tick to max 1.4v, 1.42v if you really have to.

Personally I can have 1.4v and 4 ghz with 3200mhz ram - but I run at 3.9ghz and around 1.35v - I don't think the extras volts required is worth it for +100mhz

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

2 hours ago, stealth80 said:

Personally I can have 1.4v and 4 ghz with 3200mhz ram - but I run at 3.9ghz and around 1.35v - I don't think the extras volts required is worth it for +100mhz

My 24/7 OC is gonna be 3.8ghz , just wanna see how far I can push this chip. LLC is on auto for the moment. 3.9ghz at 1.3850 was also stable but the chip got way to hot with the stock cooler during P95 small ffts it maxed out at 82℃ . 

3 hours ago, ShinchanNL said:

Hi all,

At this moment I got my R7 1700 stable OC'd to 3.8 ghz at 1.35 volts with the stock cooler. This weekend I'm gonna install my kraken x52 cooling so I'm able to increase voltage to see if I can reach a higher OC. 

Depends on your mobo, if you have cheap X370/ B350 you can fry your VRMs, which one you have?

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

2 hours ago, dave_k said:

Depends on your mobo, if you have cheap X370/ B350 you can fry your VRMs, which one you have?

Gigabyte AX370 Aorus gaming 5. 

1 minute ago, ShinchanNL said:

Gigabyte AX370 Aorus gaming 5. 

Gaming 5 is great, you can overclock until you kill off the chip

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

39 minutes ago, dave_k said:

Gaming 5 is great, you can overclock until you kill off the chip

Haha nice. 

7 hours ago, ShinchanNL said:

Hi all,

Currently have mine at 4ghz, you can try doing it at 40.00, and setting the voltage to 1.375 or a little higher than that and you should reach the same. Mine as well is on the stock cooler, its a godly cooler for the buy at least. 

26 minutes ago, Haeking said:

Currently have mine at 4ghz, you can try doing it at 40.00, and setting the voltage to 1.375 or a little higher than that and you should reach the same. Mine as well is on the stock cooler, its a godly cooler for the buy at least. 

Yeah I know but once I'll go beyond the 1.375 mark my chip heats up pretty quickly. Guess my kraken x52 will do the trick. Installing it this weekend.

1 minute ago, ShinchanNL said:

Yeah I know but once I'll go beyond the 1.375 mark my chip heats up pretty quickly. Guess my kraken x52 will do the trick. Installing it this weekend.

I really need to test this but what psu do you have btw with rating?

Edited by Haeking

3 hours ago, Haeking said:

I really need to test this but what psu do you have btw with rating?

Corsair CX650M 80 Plus Bronze

3 hours ago, HisEvilness said:

My Ryzen 5 1600 does 3.9 @ 1.406v

Nice , on the stock cooler ?

Just now, ShinchanNL said:

Nice , on the stock cooler ?

Ah no sorry I got a Liquid Master 240, better temps that way.
3.8 is no issue for the stock cooler beyond that there is a wall even good chips have volts wise./

My wall was not that big so I did not lose out on the silicone lottery, didn't jackpot it either.

29 minutes ago, HisEvilness said:

Ah no sorry I got a Liquid Master 240, better temps that way.
3.8 is no issue for the stock cooler beyond that there is a wall even good chips have volts wise./

My wall was not that big so I did not lose out on the silicone lottery, didn't jackpot it either.

Yeah . Hitting that wall at the moment. My kraken x52 is also 240mm so I'll be good after I installed it tomorrow.