When it comes to bass, what would be the best go-to cans for the task?

samyG

I'm talking about music like hip-hop and electronica genres such as house, techno, and dubstep. You know, all that noise that kids nowadays listen to :P. So yea, when it comes to that kind of music, what would be the best headphones to use? I know that Sennheiser is out of the question since many of their headphones produce a more mellow sound best suited for mids and treble (when it comes to music so classical, jazz, and 60s and 70s rock n roll). Of the cans that get thrown around in these parts, would one be better to go for the ATH-M50 or the DT-770 Pro for closed headphones or the DT-990 Pro for an open ear option? What about Grado headphones, anything good with that line?

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 | CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k OC'd @ 4.5ghz | GPU: MSI N680GTX Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) | SDD: 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | HDD: 3 Western Digital 1TB  Hard Drives | PSU:Corsair Professional AX750 ATX12V & EPS12V Power Supply | Case: Corsair Carbide Series 300R Black Mid-Tower

DT990 is open. It has less bass than the 770 but sounds wider and has better highs,

M50 is good for 100$

Error: 410

I suppose you search for headphones that have very good bass , punch, and good sound quality. Dont go for bass heavy just because you are afraid there migh not be enough bass xD 

You dont want bass and subs to overflow the music, you want harmony. 

Grado has bass, but its open and its definitly not basshead headphone. Its audiophile headphone first.

Are you looking for sub?