Molex (male) to 3-pin fan connector (male) at 5V

thedons1983

Okay, with my setup, I need to run two of my case fans (NZXT FN V2) directly from the PSU, due to only having two fan headers on my MB.  Had I done so with the included molex connectors, the fans would have run at 12V and full speed.  I need them to run slower and therefore at a lower voltage.  To this end I bought a molex (male) to 3x 3-pin fan connector (male) 7V adapter, for connecting my fans with.  I assumed, wrongly, as it tuns out that this adapter would be smarter than just performing the "7V trick" that has been sometimes popular over the years, but it isn't.  Due to the whole feeding back into the 5V rail thing, I wasn't keen on this as a solution, so I decided that running the fans at 5V, via the same molex method, would probably be a safer option.  

As I had already bought the adapter I set about rewiring it for running at 5V rather than 7V by rearranging the molex pins, and would just like some confirmation that the way I have wired it is correct please.

So, coming from the molex end (4 pin - male)... Molex pin 3 (ground) and molex pin 4 (+5V) are plugged, and the other two pins, molex pin 1 (+12v) and molex pin 2 (ground) are left blank.  Molex pin 3 (ground) then connects to 3-pin fan connector (male) pin 1 (ground) and molex pin 4 (+5V) connects to 3-pin fan connector pin 2 (+12V).  Does this seem right? 

If a diagram is needed for better explanation then let me know, and I'll try and scan some hand drawn thingimy!  Cheers