First gaming pc

Kunnar Kaer

Hello,

Im new here and thought that maybe i can get feedback on the choice of parts i have selected, also maybe someone who has built a similar pc can provide some info on what i need to keep in mind when building my first PC with these parts. Right now I have the PSU and storage (SSD and HDD).
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/JayDorn/saved/#view=8ktcf7
Any and all feedback is appreciated !

Have a nice day :) 

Don't get a 6600K. Get a Ryzen 5 1600 with a B350 board, it's much better. ;)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($289.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($71.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($134.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: SanDisk - Ultra II 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($139.99 @ Best Buy)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming OC 11G  Video Card  ($724.98 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($60.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $1572.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-14 09:37 EDT-0400

Thanks for the suggestion on going with a Ryzen cpu, though it will be hard getting my hand on one in my area :P .
Also I really want the beautiful Corsair 570X case and im willing to spend a few bucks more on that, but for the GPU i need to stay under 500EUR and in my region the best I could find was the Strix 1070.

I have updated the list and maybe its better now :)
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/JayDorn/saved/#view=9WFWZL

4 minutes ago, Kunnar Kaer said:

I have updated the list and maybe its better now :)
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/JayDorn/saved/#view=9WFWZL

Get an AsRock board instead of MSI, because MSI boards for Ryzen have a lot of issues. And use the stock cooler or something like a Hyper 212 Evo or Cryorig H7 and use the money you saved to get a 1080.

BTW, Vega 56 has just launched and it is better than the 1070 for the same price:)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Hey, im going to build my first PC and I just want to know if these parts are okay/compadible, I just need a YES/NO answer. The parts are not selected by budget limitations, but rather of availability in my area.
If something doesnt fit in the equation, then im all ears :) (I have already bought the case and PSU)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($197.65 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X52 Rev 2 73.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($149.99 @ B&H) 
Motherboard: ASRock - Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($90.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($153.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 850 Pro Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($239.85 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB STRIX Video Card  ($529.89 @ OutletPC) 
Case: Corsair - Crystal 570X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($179.98 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($129.78 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1718.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-17 18:38 EDT-0400

YES, everything looks compatible (make sure to update the bios after POSTing).

I would not get a liquid cooler if you're not planning to do major overclocking. The stock cooler that it comes with it is pretty good.

Current Build

Successful Builds

Spoiler
Spoiler

Ya good BOI

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Just now, Gungpae said:

YES, everything looks compatible (make sure to update the bios after POSTing).

I would not get a liquid cooler if you're not planning to do major overclocking. The stock cooler that it comes with it is pretty good.

I want the liquid cooler for when in the future i want to upgrade to ryzen 7 and then maybe want to overclock + it looks good imo ;) but thx for replying  !

The motherboard only supports that cpu after bios 1.30 which is an early bios , but not the factory bios. There's a small chance the board will not post with the cpu so just a heads up.

This will only happen if the board you receive is an original release board.

9 hours ago, Kunnar Kaer said:

I want the liquid cooler for when in the future i want to upgrade to ryzen 7 and then maybe want to overclock + it looks good imo ;) but thx for replying  !

AIOs are a waste of money IMO. 120mm get outpreformed in every way by air coolers that cost less money and sevral 240mm ones aswell, also they can be quite loud

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016