LTT Renovations?

Tom Bombadil

Hey guys!

First post on here, but got a little confused and thought it would be about time to ask. So unless I am missing anything, I am hearing alot about the LTT renovations, but have no idea what is happening at all. Could someone help explain? Are they renovating the whole warehouse? new sets? I just like to hear alot about all this, but as far as I can see, there is no real information about it.

Thanks all!

Tom Freaking Bombadil

The updates about renovations right now are Floatplane Club Specific. We are not allowed to share details about this unfortunately. If you want to learn more about them, you will need to subscribe to the FPC. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Floatplane Club people know :) 

Can't say more than that but they are redoing a lot of stuff

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

It's floatplane exclusive info, think they are making another office or something. I'm not on there so idk but at least I can talk about what I have heard lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Ahh fair enough, all good, considering doing that soon, but all good! Thought there might have been some floating around im missing but thats good to know. Thanks guys!

Can someone confirm its floatplane club exclusive? The video's are of course but the info?

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6

I would imagine it is, if the videos are only on floatplane, but could be wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Tom Bombadil said:

Ahh fair enough, all good, considering doing that soon, but all good! Thought there might have been some floating around im missing but thats good to know. Thanks guys!

as a non fpc member i can tell you what my best guess is from what i pieced together of the things they do show and mention like in the WAN show.

From what I understand they build a second floor in part of the warehouse to create more office space. for example Luke no longer has to share his office (was it Colton?).

they had a building inspector come by the other day and he complained about not having enough fire exits on the ground floor. they build some of the sets in front of doors they were not using so they might have to move a set to use one of those doors as a fire exit.

oh and they got a shower as well now.

Oh wasn't Taran or someone asking about a shower and gym equipment like a year ago? :P

2 minutes ago, NLD1st said:

as a non fpc member i can tell you what my best guess is from what i pieced together of the things they do show and mention like in the WAN show.

From what I understand they build a second floor in part of the warehouse to create more office space. for example Luke no longer has to share his office (was it Colton?).

they had a building inspector come by the other day and he complained about not having enough fire exits on the ground floor. they build some of the sets in front of doors they were not using so they might have to move a set to use one of those doors as a fire exit.

oh and they got a shower as well now.

That's pretty close :)

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6

1 hour ago, Tom Bombadil said:

Oh wasn't Taran or someone asking about a shower and gym equipment like a year ago? :P

Luke mainly but i guess Taran likes it as well because he goes on a bike to work.

58 minutes ago, LUUD18 said:

That's pretty close :)

It;s not like they make it a secret on the WANshow :P just have to piece it together from the last like what 10 shows? dont know how long they are already working on it

4 hours ago, LUUD18 said:

Can someone confirm its floatplane club exclusive? The video's are of course but the info?

AFAIK info about it isn't. Videos are exclusive, but I doubt there's any harm about talking about whats happening. Linus (and Luke) have talked some about it in WAN Shows, Afterparties (Twitch Archives FYI) and in some videos. Like one review where they get fire alarm at the end.

So in short ( @nicklmg, @LinusTech feel free to censor me if needed):

• Company has been expanding rapidly during last 6 months so space for employees is tight.
  • They have acquired 2nd warehouse right next to current which is seen in several main channel and CSF videos (I'm not 100% sure about accuracy on this one).
  • The renovations being done are referred as Mezzanine.
  • They are building new 2nd floor are. There are 2 big offices and open office are for 4-6 persons. There's also kitchen and bathroom with shower.
  • Rest you need to watch videos for. Or hope Linus does tour once its finished.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Ah thanks a bunch dude, I think im going to get FPC soon, so will see it all for myself, but thanks guys!