Can't get win 10 to install from USB stick.

Megatron

So i downloaded media creation tool from Microsoft and created a win10 copy on a USB stick but when I restart my computer to install it nothing happens. I tried using every USB setting as my first boot device but still nothing. I also tried downloading the ISO and using rufus to my USB stick but that isn't working either.

Anyone have any idea what the problem could be, I'm using an older computer. Q6600, Gigabyte GA p35ds3l motherboard.

Gigabyte 7850
OCZ Platinum XTC REV.2 PC2-6400 DDR2-800 (4Gb's)
Corsair VX550W 550W ATX 12V 41A 24PIN
OCZ vertex 

personally I have media creation tool on 16gb usb drive and I always plug into front usb ports and instead of making usb drive #1 boot device you'll want your hard drive set as #1 boot device and during boot up of device use boot options to boot from usb device for the one time only because when it restarts during installation if usb is main boot device will create endless install loop. 

12 minutes ago, Batteries Included said:

Make sure you use a USB 2 port. 

I am using USB 2 port.

I looked in my bios but I can't see where it says Legacy or UEFI. the mobo is like 10  years old.

Full specs

Q6600

Gigabyte  GA-P35-DS3L R2
OCZ 4gb  pc2-6400 DDR2-800
OCZ vertex 3 128gb
Seagate 2TB

Just now, Megatron said:

I am using USB 2 port.

I looked in my bios but I can't see where it says Legacy or UEFI.

Full specs

Q6600

Gigabyte  GA-P35-DS3L R2
OCZ 4gb  pc2-6400 DDR2-800
OCZ vertex 3 128gb
Seagate 2TB

if its using ddr2 generally speaking it's most likely a legacy system but did you check the usb drive before attempting the install to make sure the media creation tool properly downloaded to the usb should show an image that looks like a monitor if it loaded to the usb when you look at usb drive in file manager

Yes it does look like a monitor.

I also disabled fast boot (I read somewhere who suggested to do that)

ok well when your device is booting up before it starts windows you should see a screen where its posting to bios and during that screen normally you can see a couple options for pressing certain buttons to enter bios and another for boot options

( ex.  f2 settings f8 boot menu) and you would want to make sure that under your settings the primary boot device is the hard drive in the system and also make sure that your bios can see your usb ports because I know in my bios menu I can deny bios from seeing them which would make the system ignore any device plugged in to any of them until windows loads up. then you would leave that and immediately enter the boot menu and tell the system to boot from the usb for that one time.

Ok I went into my bios (delete key) and set my harddisk as first boot device saved and exited, when it rebooted I press (f12) to go into boot menu, by default it's set to hard disk but gives me these options...

Floppy

LS120
*Hard disk

CDrom

Zip

USB-FDD

USB-Zip

USB CDrom

USB HDD

Legacy Lan

I would select usb-fdd considering fdd  and usb drives being commonly reffered to as flash drives

Do I ever feel stupid now, in the bios there is a "first" boot device and above that there is a "priority" boot device, I went in there and it showed my lexar USB so I just hit the + key to move it to the top and it worked haha

Sorry for wasting your time, thanks anyways though.

Can't believe i over looked that.