doubts on gaming on laptop

can a core i5 (7th gen ) 8gb ddr4 ram gt 940MX (2gb gddr5) laptop play titles like players unknown battleground?

nope, it doesn't look like it would play very well. 

"I have always wanted to know as much as possible about the world." ~Linus Pauling

Unless its a GTX then its not really a gaming laptop, the GT cards are pretty poor for games. 

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

18 minutes ago, fixitnow said:

Unless its a GTX then its not really a gaming laptop, the GT cards are pretty poor for games. 

so are mac's ;))

1 minute ago, Luke D said:

so are mac's ;))

Yeah, But macs don't have the problem of windows........

PUBG is better than before but still ot the best optimized game. Even i have sometimes HUGE frame drops with a 1080 Ti.

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored 

1 hour ago, fixitnow said:

I'm running a dual boot of Linux and windows so meh

1 hour ago, fixitnow said:

stop hating Windows it is a pretty decent system overall.

15 minutes ago, Luke D said:

I'm running a dual boot of Linux and windows so meh

Fair enough. 

3 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

stop hating Windows it is a pretty decent system overall.

Not hating on it I just don't think it's any good these days. 

52 minutes ago, fixitnow said:

Not hating on it I just don't think it's any good these days. 

I think it is pretty good if you consider on how many different hardware configurations Windows has to run. Apple OS just seems to be better because it runs on only a small number of different hardware configurations. Take that away from Apple OS and it's like Windows...

40 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

I think it is pretty good if you consider on how many different hardware configurations Windows has to run. Apple OS just seems to be better because it runs on only a small number of different hardware configurations. Take that away from Apple OS and it's like Windows...

I just don't like the updates,the spying stuff, the security and it shockes me how badly it's deigned and the fact it keeps trying to get me to use edge,one drive, Microsoft store, you can only use windows 10 on the latest CPUs and it wants me to have a Microsoft account. And I don't think it's the same as windows. OS X seems to be sannpier on other things too, my hackingtosh but i wont go into detalils with that. But windows is definitely better for gaming. windows 7 was the last truley great OS from microsoft.That's just my opinion though. Jason Bradbury put it best "windows is for commercial use and games but mac OS X is for the home user to get every day tasks done without the hasstle"

8 hours ago, fixitnow said:

you can only use windows 10 on the latest CPUs and it wants me to have a Microsoft account

Jesus Christ. People keep latching on this. It was actually Intel that didn't keep up with the driver updates for a single generation of low power CPUs being used in tablets. They were going it work on fixing it, if they haven't already and by recent, the CPUs that stopped working were from 2011. 6 years is more than enough time to get out of a cheap two in one. 

As for the Microsoft account. Sure they want you to but you don't have to.

Android needs a Google account

iOS needs apple ID if you want to buy anything from the app store or to use anything useful on macos.

Updates are unavoidable but necessary.

The spying can be turned off....except everything already knows who you are. Browsing history is logged by Google (see targeted ads), if your phone has location services it knows where you are. so the privacy in windows is redundant. Been running windows 10 since it came out and short of a new install I've never been asked to use edge of the ms store.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

13 hours ago, fixitnow said:

Instead it has the problem of OSX, personally I cannot stand it and would much rather run Linux or Windows 10 on any system (or both with a dual boot, that's actually what my every day carry has).

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM

6 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

As for the Microsoft account. Sure they want you to but you don't have to.

Android needs a Google account

iOS needs apple ID if you want to buy anything from the app store or to use anything useful on macos.

The difference being is that a google account is more useful to me then Microsoft one, but I agree that an apple ID is fairly useless too.

Updates are unavoidable but necessary.

If you get an update that you are forced to have and it bricks you computer then what? And i don't bother with updates for windows 7 I really don't see the point, and I have disabled the window 10 update services and that had made it better. I also don't like that I was in the middle of typing something up, I honest can't remember what, and it just restarted with no warning and then stared applying updates, that was irritating. 

Browsing history is logged by Google (see targeted ads), if your phone has location services it knows where you are. so the privacy in windows is redundant

Thats why I don't use chrome, and tend to not use the location thing on mobile. When I use windows I tend to use internet explorer and then just stick with safari in OS X. 

Been running windows 10 since it came out and short of a new install I've never been asked to use edge of the ms store.

I have, but in fairness it was only the once.

I just don't like W10, the day I upgraded from windows 7 I could just tell it wasn't any good, which is why with in hours I downgraded again, and the popups I had every time I turned my PC on to tell me to upgrade where annoying.The only reason I have gone back to 10 is that a year down the line It turns out I only had a 32bit windows 7 installer, and I couldn't find the key but could find a W10 key. It's just personal preference, not to mention that I actually really like the older MacBooks, A1342 and A1181, there so easy to work on and fairly bulletproof and still pack enough power for me. The UI of windows 10 really isn't great either, And to be honest I really don't care about the CPU thing anyway. 

To me OS X just seems easier to use and more reliable to use, windows seems to crash a lot and can be slightly sluggish. 

5 hours ago, Amaranth said:

Instead it has the problem of OSX, personally I cannot stand it and would much rather run Linux or Windows 10 on any system (or both with a dual boot, that's actually what my every day carry has).

Again, Thats what you prefer, I hate W10 and wont be moving any time soon, I haven't really used linux, accept in a VM for a few minutes or on my Raspberry pi so I wont comment about that. 

I really don't care what other people think of windows, I think its a pain, too much hassle,too insecure, and not worth the upgrade, or cost.