So I recently saw a gaming build use the _Asus AM3+ Motherboard (M5A78L-M/USB3)_

I am using the _Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard_
How big is the difference between the two, and would i be able to use the Asus in my build without having to spare much performance in my 3d Rendering/editing build (with moderate to hardcore gaming on the side)

P.S. With this build, what graphics settings would i be able to get on say BF4. (on each motherboard)

Motherboards don't directly improve performance. Stay with the Gigabyte, it's much higher quality.

Pretty much every micro ATX AM3+ motherboard is absolute garbage.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

So recently I asked about a comparison between 2 motherboards, but I've come across another and I would like to know which is better.

For My Build that I will use for 3D rendering and editing, with a side of moderate to hardcore gaming, which MoBo would be better with this build, the one in the build, or the _Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P_

On a side note, what graphics settings would this build most likely be able to run on in say BF4, or Crysis 3

Motherboards never really affects performance, just get the one with the more features, of the one who's cheaper.

BF4 @ Ultra with this build: ~50FPS

Crysis 3 @Ultra: ~35/40FPS

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

Motherboards never really affects performance, just get the one with the more features, of the one who's cheaper.

BF4 @ Ultra with this build: ~50FPS

Crysis 3 @Ultra: ~35/40FPS

Are you sure that it'll be able to get Ultra in BF4 and Cry3 on my build?

Motherboards don't really affect performance. I would go with the Gigabyte one unless you want integrated graphics in case your gpu fails.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Since AMD is well... more budget oriented currently. The AM3+ motherboards that aren't high end are absolute crap.  So I would stick with your one :)

The only real reason to get one board over another is available features you need. Build quality amongst boards within the same tier tend to be identical  with one another so a high end Asus vs a high end Gigabyte board won't yield a noticeable difference to let's say, stability and overclockability.

And in my case, this ROG board was the only matx motherboard at the time that wasn't complete crap.