Should I keep this build or switch it to Ryzen?

xDyl
Go to solution Solved by mrBostonTech,
3 minutes ago, xDyl said:

Also the ROG screen is the same as the 27" predator on newegg. Which one should I go with then? Or should I just use 60Hz because I don't really want to spend all my money towards the monitor.

ROG is slightly better 165Hz to 144hz. Having a 1080ti  pretty much required 144hz gaming monitor and it's kinda ugly not to have one with this GC. The frames will be much smoother and overall gaming experience will be better. Whatever you decide just make sure your monitor will have at least G-Sync 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3G8Nbj

I want to know if this current build would be better if I switched to Ryzen, or if I should keep it the way it is. The community already helped a little with parts, so I'm open to more suggestions. Will be used for some triple a gaming, video editing, and streaming.

Please try to stay under $2500 USD. Thanks!

"I'm not really that old, I'm just 18 + shipping" -Unknown

Please tell me why you aren't on dark theme already.

Herro my dark theme brothers.

Spoiler

Laptop: MacBook Pro Mid-2012 Non-Retinai7-3720QM, 8GB DDR3L-1600, 250GB SSD, macOS 10.13

Phone: iPhone 7 Plus that is patiently waiting to be jailbroken.

4 minutes ago, xDyl said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3G8Nbj

I want to know if this current build would be better if I switched to Ryzen, or if I should keep it the way it is. The community already helped a little with parts, so I'm open to more suggestions. Will be used for some triple a gaming, video editing, and streaming.

Please try to stay under $2500 USD. Thanks!

I would recommend go with 144Hz monitor 

Just now, mrBostonTech said:

I would recommend go with 144Hz monitor 

Like which one? I can't spend much more on a monitor.

Spoiler

Laptop: MacBook Pro Mid-2012 Non-Retinai7-3720QM, 8GB DDR3L-1600, 250GB SSD, macOS 10.13

Spoiler

Any monitor closer to $500? Otherwise I'll go with the ROG one.

Not really. ROG is a good one. 

Only if you can go 24" you can get a refurbished Acer Predator XB241YU for like $400

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-XB241YU-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B01NAQ72GH/ref=sr_1_14?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1502168229&sr=1-14&keywords=g-sync+144hz

Only if you can go 24" you can get a refurbished Acer Predator XB241YU for like $400

24" is way too small coming from a 1080p 32" curved. Any way I can get my pc components down like maybe ryzen?

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, mrBostonTech said:

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-XB241YU-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B01NAQ72GH/ref=sr_1_14?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1502168229&sr=1-14&keywords=g-sync+144hz

Also the ROG screen is the same as the 27" predator on newegg. Which one should I go with then? Or should I just use 60Hz because I don't really want to spend all my money towards the monitor.

Spoiler

Just now, xDyl said:

24" is way too small coming from a 1080p 32" curved. Any way I can get my pc components down like maybe ryzen?

Ryzen R7 a little better for heavy streaming. If pure gaming keep 7700k - 7-10% better FPS.

Consider swapping a motherboard to MSI Pro Series Intel Z270 DDR4 HDMI USB 3 SLI ATX Motherboard (Z270 SLI PLUS) - $126 after rebate (60 bucks savings)

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-Z270-SLI-Motherboard-PLUS/dp/B01MR32I8L/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1502168549&sr=1-1&keywords=z270

Also for the SSD I would go with M.2 NVMe for the windows instead.  It's A LOT faster. - $84 

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Force-MP500-Internal-CSSD-F120GBMP500/dp/B01MQU72O9/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1502168665&sr=1-6&keywords=nvme

2 minutes ago, mrBostonTech said:

Ryzen R7 a little better for heavy streaming. If pure gaming keep 7700k - 7-10% better FPS.

Consider swapping a motherboard to MSI Pro Series Intel Z270 DDR4 HDMI USB 3 SLI ATX Motherboard (Z270 SLI PLUS) - $126 after rebate (60 bucks savings)

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-Z270-SLI-Motherboard-PLUS/dp/B01MR32I8L/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1502168549&sr=1-1&keywords=z270

Also for the SSD I would go with M.2 NVMe for the windows instead.  It's A LOT faster. - $84 

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Force-MP500-Internal-CSSD-F120GBMP500/dp/B01MQU72O9/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1502168665&sr=1-6&keywords=nvme

First I will stay with Intel. Second I need wifi so the card would set me back about the same. Third that is only 120GB, will that be sufficent?

Spoiler

ROG is slightly better 165Hz to 144hz. Having a 1080ti  pretty much required 144hz gaming monitor and it's kinda ugly not to have one with this GC. The frames will be much smoother and overall gaming experience will be better. Whatever you decide just make sure your monitor will have at least G-Sync 

1 minute ago, mrBostonTech said:

This one looks like perfect. Really should order now I just don't have the money :/

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N34Q6CI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_sGuIzb525ER14

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, mrBostonTech said:

Yep, I like that one. You can even overclock it to 170hz based on the reviews 

I actually think that specific one is 60Hz... googling.

Spoiler

Just now, xDyl said:

I actually think that specific one is 60Hz... googling.

Yeah it is. The other reviews ar edit other monitors. RIP

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, xDyl said:

Yeah it is. The other reviews ar edit other monitors. RIP

That said lol. Just google one on your budged with 144hz & G-Sync. Trust me you will never go back to 60hz

For the Ryzen build, I'm actually doing one right now with 1080ti if you want to take a look:

Capture4.PNG

ASRock AB350M PRO4 MicroATX Motherboard  - $60

Edited by mrBostonTech

That said lol. Just google one on your budged with 144hz & G-Sync. Trust me you will never go back to 60hz

For the Ryzen build, I'm actually doing one right now with 1080ti if you want to take a look:

Capture4.PNG

Gonna go with the ROG Swift. What about switching to mobo to that ASRock Killer Sli/ac?

Spoiler

1 minute ago, xDyl said:

Gonna go with the ROG Swift. What about switching to mobo to that ASRock Killer Sli/ac?

ASRock are the good one's. Just pick whatever color scheme you want. They are pretty much identical 

1 minute ago, mrBostonTech said:

ASRock are the good one's. Just pick whatever color scheme you want. They are pretty much identical 

Tbh I don't really have a scheme lol. I also have a 2tb Seagate drive from a friend. Am gonna plug in to an old athlon pc and see if it works, could save $60, y'know?

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, mrBostonTech said:

Talking about this guy, FYI.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=13-157-746

Spoiler

As far as AsRock goes, I use the Z270 Taichi, and have had very good success with it.  It runs very well and everything works on it.  I'd recommend it if you like a nice black and white build.

Midnight Rig - CPU: i7-7700K / Cooler: Corsair h100i V2 / Motherboard: AsRock Z270 Taichi / RAM: G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2 / SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm / PSU: EVGA Supernova B2 750W

37 minutes ago, MidnightBanshi said:

As far as AsRock goes, I use the Z270 Taichi, and have had very good success with it.  It runs very well and everything works on it.  I'd recommend it if you like a nice black and white build.

Thank you for the suggestion!

Spoiler