Does TaiChi X399 support G.skill's memory?

trident z ddr4 3200 or 3000?Or other 3000&3200 memory?(I want to buy trident z ddr4 3200 or 3000, or recommend me something else)I can't find the support list,Who knows, thanks.

Yes Ryzen is compatible with most RAM now. I doubt you would have a problem. I'm pretty sure the Trident Z kits use Samsung B die which is shit what has always worked 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Be cautious of what timing RAM you're getting, my MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon runs my TridentZ 3200MHz set at 2933Mhz. Get a CL14 set if you can.

Other than that, if the Taichi has the latest AGESA update, you should be good.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

8 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Be cautious of what timing RAM you're getting, my MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon runs my TridentZ 3200MHz set at 2933Mhz. Get a CL14 set if you can.

thanks,There seems to be no support list for TaiChi X399 now

41 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Yes Ryzen is compatible with most RAM now. I doubt you would have a problem. I'm pretty sure the Trident Z kits use Samsung B die which is shit what has always worked 

Hope everything goes well

15 minutes ago, Minibois said:

ASRock are quick on BIOS updates, I'm pretty certain it does 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Ugh. I feel your pain.  I'm trying to sort out what to buy.  I would like to get some G.Skill RGB, but I'm not sure if the program to control the RGB will work with the Taichi.  The other option is Corsair RGB, but none of it is on the list!

I get the feeling the list is only what they have actually tried so isn't really complete.  (I could be wrong!)  So maybe it's worth trying the RAM and see if it runs at the correct speed, and if not exchange it.  This may be what I do.  

12 minutes ago, Danonano56 said:

Ugh. I feel your pain.  I'm trying to sort out what to buy.  I would like to get some G.Skill RGB, but I'm not sure if the program to control the RGB will work with the Taichi.  The other option is Corsair RGB, but none of it is on the list!

I get the feeling the list is only what they have actually tried so isn't really complete.  (I could be wrong!)  So maybe it's worth trying the RAM and see if it runs at the correct speed, and if not exchange it.  This may be what I do.  

I just want to be able to run normally, and I'm sure they'll release the BIOS update soon.Most G.skill can be properly identified.Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I made a post here to tell you to STAY AWAY. I use my machine mosty for MRI and fMRI analysis:

x399 taichi

1950x TR 

Titan Xp GPU

128 gb G.SKILL TIPJAW V (in 16 modules*8)

2x 512gb evo M.2 pro SSD NVME

some spinning discs for building ancient pottery and other ancient technology

./end

The system wont boot above 2933 mhz for the settings, even if i give everything else settings which should support the ram. Or if I leave all the other settings at stock. Nothing seems to work. At 2933, there are random complete freezing(infrequent events, especially when the system is working hard.). I have not benn able to recover from these without a hard reboot.

I even talked to gskill rep at new egg before I bought these sticks. the rep asserted these were best ones for TR which is obviously not true. Not for me. So much regret...

• 5 weeks later...

@jack1940 did your F4-3200C14Q-64GTZSW ram running at full speed in your taichi x399? Like @koriolisah I'm running a set of ripjaws and can only get it to post at 2933mhz- running stable at 2666 to stay on the safe side. Thinking of exchanging for the TridentZ F4-3200C14Q-64GTZSW (its basically the only 64gb kit in stock) if you can confirm you have it running at 3200... Either that or just hoping that the next bios update will make my ripjaws work at advertised speeds...