SCRATCH BUILD !!!!! ROAD TO CES2018 or COMPUTEX2018 . Project F24

Go to solution Solved by TheCamba,
21 hours ago, chitoZ said:

-snip-

Do whatever you can.  I'm interested to see what your video style will be.

So im having trouble with this silicon tube is this normal? It says it has a d10mm but i think its 9.5 something there is a gap from the inner dimension of the tube and the silicon as a result of having a finished worked of the last pic.

20181031_135717.jpg

20181031_135725.jpg

20181031_135734.jpg

20181031_135759.jpg

that is not a good fit, my inserts are tight and will not fit unless its wet or I use a little dish soap. is the insert and tube from the same manufacturer? if not I would highly recommend getting inserts from whoever made the tube

4 hours ago, TekRed said:

that is not a good fit, my inserts are tight and will not fit unless its wet or I use a little dish soap. is the insert and tube from the same manufacturer? if not I would highly recommend getting inserts from whoever made the tube

this is from the manufacturer i have the PETG tube and the acrylic one same story its not that "fit" i think it has a diameter of 9.5 something. i do have an extra from other manufacturer but its so tight i wont go all the way ;) 

1 hour ago, chitoZ said:

this is from the manufacturer i have the PETG tube and the acrylic one same story its not that "fit" i think it has a diameter of 9.5 something. i do have an extra from other manufacturer but its so tight i wont go all the way ;) 

There are variations due to manufacturing tolerances, take a pair of calipers to get an exact value for the ID. It should be +/- 0.2mm of the nominal size usually. 

13 minutes ago, W-L said:

There are variations due to manufacturing tolerances, take a pair of calipers to get an exact value for the ID. It should be +/- 0.2mm of the nominal size usually. 

yeah but i just dont understand this silicone tube is from the manufacturer it self 

6 hours ago, chitoZ said:

Use the one that's too tight, just sand it down to fit 

7 hours ago, chitoZ said:

yeah but i just dont understand this silicone tube is from the manufacturer it self 

That happens at times, sometimes one is oversized and the other is under making for a much larger difference between the two. Best is to check and see what size you have exactly for the ID of the tubing and to spec out some silicone rod that is closer to the dimension you actually have on hand. 

4 hours ago, TekRed said:

Use the one that's too tight, just sand it down to fit 

what grid do you recommend ? is there a chemical that i can use for this that could react to the silicon 

6 hours ago, chitoZ said:

what grid do you recommend ? is there a chemical that i can use for this that could react to the silicon 

180-240 grit, sand a little and check. You don't want to take too much off. But I would recommend getting another insert as they are alot cheaper than tubing 

On 11/1/2018 at 4:42 PM, TekRed said:

180-240 grit, sand a little and check. You don't want to take too much off. But I would recommend getting another insert as they are alot cheaper than tubing 

I already ordered 2pcs from different manufacturers but it will take at least 15days till it get here. Ill try the sanding procedure first and see what happens. So far this is the update all fail because of tubing and measuring problems 

20181031_122410.jpg

9 hours ago, chitoZ said:

I already ordered 2pcs from different manufacturers but it will take at least 15days till it get here. Ill try the sanding procedure first and see what happens. So far this is the update all fail because of tubing and measuring problems 

20181031_122410.jpg

Is this petg or acrylic tubing? If it's petg then the bevel tool is useless as it doesn't work on petg, well it works but doesn't make clean bevels. Looking good though I like the shape

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2018 at 6:46 AM, TekRed said:

Is this petg or acrylic tubing? If it's petg then the bevel tool is useless as it doesn't work on petg, well it works but doesn't make clean bevels. Looking good though I like the shape

its petg and acrylic. i was testing the silicon tube on how will it react for the both of it but still useless 

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 1:46 PM, chitoZ said:

its petg and acrylic. i was testing the silicon tube on how will it react for the both of it but still useless 

man that must be aggravating, hope you get it sorted out though

btw does anyone here knows a manufacturer that could help me build computer cases. im planning to start my own business. im looking for cheap and trusted manufacturer 

22 hours ago, TekRed said:

man that must be aggravating, hope you get it sorted out though

yeah kinda mad about it but ohhh well. ill still wait for 1-4weeks for the silicon tubes to arrive 

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:07 PM, chitoZ said:

btw does anyone here knows a manufacturer that could help me build computer cases. im planning to start my own business. im looking for cheap and trusted manufacturer 

before you find a manufacturer I would find a 3d designer who can create a render of your idea with a parts layout. Unless you know your way around Autodesk, you said you were a student well Autodesk Inventor is free for 3 years to students.

5 hours ago, TekRed said:

before you find a manufacturer I would find a 3d designer who can create a render of your idea with a parts layout. Unless you know your way around Autodesk, you said you were a student well Autodesk Inventor is free for 3 years to students.

im still finding the right guy actually and i need it cheap. i contacted protocase but its kinda expensive for me sadly 

Can someone help me with motherboard layout files ? i'm having a hard time with the measurements especially with the I/O mount. In addition pcie,gpu mounts , fan mounts , hdd & ssd and psu layout file will be appreciated

9 hours ago, chitoZ said:

Can someone help me with motherboard layout files ? i'm having a hard time with the measurements especially with the I/O mount. In addition pcie,gpu mounts , fan mounts , hdd & ssd and psu layout file will be appreciated

Here you are, there are more under the Templates section of the Modding FAQ. 

https://www.protocase.com/resources/how-to-design-for-motherboards/

• 1 month later...

the silicon tubes arrived two different sellers but the same brand what they sent me. still the same silicon still loose :(