Bad readings in samsung Magician and slow response times?

Vengeance_K1ng

Bad readings in Samsung Magician and slow response times? By the way i am downloading GTA 5 from steam.

Untitled.png

| CPU: Core i7-4790K  |  Motherboard:  MSI Gaming Z97 GAMING 5 LGA 1150  |  CPU Cooler:  NZXT Kraken X61 |
| GPU: Single 8GB EVGA GTX 1070 FTW |  RAMCorsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3 1600 MHz |  CaseCorsair 330R Titanium Edition

I don't understand that tool you have open but could you check SMART with something standard like crystaldiskinfo?  it will tell you if there are problems or not.  From what I see in your screenshot, everything looks OK so idk where your'e getting "bad readings" from.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

9 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I don't understand that tool you have open but could you check SMART with something standard like crystaldiskinfo?  it will tell you if there are problems or not.  From what I see in your screenshot, everything looks OK so idk where your'e getting "bad readings" from.

Does this look like i have a defective drive? 

Untitled.png

| CPU: Core i7-4790K  |  Motherboard:  MSI Gaming Z97 GAMING 5 LGA 1150  |  CPU Cooler:  NZXT Kraken X61 |
| GPU: Single 8GB EVGA GTX 1070 FTW |  RAMCorsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3 1600 MHz |  CaseCorsair 330R Titanium Edition

Just now, Vengeance_K1ng said:

Does this look like i have a defective drive? 

No not at all.  If I were to guess, I'd say it was 100% good... as it should be for a virtually brand new drive.  You could try running CrystalDiskMark to check performance to make sure nothing is wrong.  Just make sure you pause anything else that's using it, and make sure you're not using the Samsung cache thing that boosts speed by using RAM.  If it turns out good, there's probably nothing wrong.  If there is an issue, just return to store.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

6 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

No not at all.  If I were to guess, I'd say it was 100% good... as it should be for a virtually brand new drive.  You could try running CrystalDiskMark to check performance to make sure nothing is wrong.  Just make sure you pause anything else that's using it, and make sure you're not using the Samsung cache thing that boosts speed by using RAM.  If it turns out good, there's probably nothing wrong.  If there is an issue, just return to store.

BRAND NEW drive btw.

Yes I could tell.  Those speeds look perfect to me so I don't think there's any issue here.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Yes I could tell.  Those speeds look perfect to me so I don't think there's any issue here.

Those werent my actual benchmarks, i dont like running it because i fear my ssd's life, i know i probably shouldnt. but those are almost identical to the ssd i have, 

Those werent my actual benchmarks, i dont like running it because i fear my ssd's life, i know i probably shouldnt. but those are almost identical to the ssd i have, 

I was gonna say why did the capacity not match up...

well if you don't run it you'll never know if there's problems.  I guess we call it a day here then