bypassing secure boot

I have a second hand Lenovo yoga s1. I'm currently dual booting windows 10 and ubuntu on to but I want to run Kali on it instead of Ubuntu. the only problem is that kali doesn't have secure boot and the bios havs a password on it from the previous owner. is there any way of bypassing secure boot at all.

Have you tried "password"?

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY

Le USD $300 Second Hand Potato

CPU: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8GHz Motherboard: Intel DP55WG RAM: 12GB Corsair Budget 1333MHz (2x2GB+2x4GB) GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 512MB Case: Cooler Master Elite Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB PSU: Cooler Master Generic 500W (came with case) Displays: 21.5" 1080p Acer G226HQL Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Mx Reds) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Turtle Beach X12's Operating System: Windows 10

Yep... My peripherals cost me more than the rig itself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Disable it from the UEFI settings 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Just now, hey_yo_ said:

Disable it from the UEFI settings 

how do you do that if you go into recovery mode on windows and select UEFI it just reboots into the bios with the password prompt

Remove the BIOS password first, then convert your boot drive from MBR to GPT. I think forum mod @GoodBytes made a thread about that. Then you can proceed to changing your UEFI settings and disable secure boot. 

2 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Remove the BIOS password first, then convert your boot drive from MBR to GPT. I think forum mod @GoodBytes made a thread about that. Then you can proceed to changing your UEFI settings and disable secure boot. 

I can't remove the password I don't know what it is 

1 minute ago, noobs guid to marsterrace said:

I can't remove the password I don't know what it is 

Found it. I don't know if there's something that can strip off the BIOS password. 

thanks but my bios mode is in UEFI and my HDD is ready using GPT

22 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Found it. I don't know if there's something that can strip off the BIOS password. 

3 minutes ago, noobs guid to marsterrace said:

thanks but my bios mode is in UEFI and my HDD is ready using GPT

Then go go recovery mode and click change UEFI settings 

2 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Then go go recovery mode and click change UEFI settings 

and it reboots into the bios and prompts me for a password 

Just now, noobs guid to marsterrace said:

and it prompts me for a password 

Care to share the screenshot using your phone or tablet? 

Check online for the full manual of the system to know how to rest the password on a Lenovo laptop. Usually there is a special combination to do.

11 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

clearing bios password is as easy as clearing CMOS, this is why some cases have physical locks on them, all well and good having a BIOS password, but if u can get to the CMOS battery, no more password

Home PC:

CPU: i7 4790s ~ Motherboard: Asus B85M-E ~ RAM: 32GB Ballistix Sport DDR3 1666 ~ GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro ~ Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-03 ~ Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB   PCIE M.2 Boot, 2TB HDD, 3x 480GB SATA SSD's in RAID 0 ~ PSU:    Corsair CX600
Display(s): Asus PB287Q , Generic Samsung 1080p 22" ~ Cooling: Arctic T3 Air Cooler, All case fans replaced with Noctua NF-B9 Redux's ~ Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion ~ Mouse: Cheap Microsoft Wired (i like it) ~ Sound: Radial Pro USB DAC into 250w Powered Speakers ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Work PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1275 v3 ~ Motherboard: Asrock E3C226D2I ~ RAM: 16GB DDR3 ~ GPU: GTX 460 ~ Case: Silverstone SG05 ~ Storage: 512GB SATA SSD ~ Displays: 3x1080p 24" mix and matched Dell monitors plus a 10" 1080p lilliput monitor above ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

19 minutes ago, DnFx91 said:

clearing bios password is as easy as clearing CMOS, this is why some cases have physical locks on them, all well and good having a BIOS password, but if u can get to the CMOS battery, no more password

Not really. Many OEMs saves the password on the BIOS/UEFI chip, and not in ROM. So, removing the battery doesn't clear it. You usually have a special combination to do. If you call the OEM, they can give it to you.. assuming your system is under warranty/support.

Just now, GoodBytes said:

Not really. Many OEMs saves the password on the BIOS/UEFI chip, and not in ROM. So, removing the battery doesn't clear it. You usually have a special combination to do. If you call the OEM, they can give it to you.. assuming your system is under warranty/support.

worked every time for me, only ever done it to dell machines though, mileage may vary with other manufacturers.

Home PC:

CPU: i7 4790s ~ Motherboard: Asus B85M-E ~ RAM: 32GB Ballistix Sport DDR3 1666 ~ GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro ~ Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-03 ~ Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB   PCIE M.2 Boot, 2TB HDD, 3x 480GB SATA SSD's in RAID 0 ~ PSU:    Corsair CX600
Display(s): Asus PB287Q , Generic Samsung 1080p 22" ~ Cooling: Arctic T3 Air Cooler, All case fans replaced with Noctua NF-B9 Redux's ~ Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion ~ Mouse: Cheap Microsoft Wired (i like it) ~ Sound: Radial Pro USB DAC into 250w Powered Speakers ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Work PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1275 v3 ~ Motherboard: Asrock E3C226D2I ~ RAM: 16GB DDR3 ~ GPU: GTX 460 ~ Case: Silverstone SG05 ~ Storage: 512GB SATA SSD ~ Displays: 3x1080p 24" mix and matched Dell monitors plus a 10" 1080p lilliput monitor above ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64