Logitech MX Masters for gaming.

Ruben360

Hey,

I am considering to buy a MX master. I game a lot like pubg or six siege and overwatch. Does anyone have a problem with a MX master for gaming? Will it hold me back with gaming? Other wireless gaming mice are too expensive.

Thanks!

1 minute ago, Vespertine said:

No, it's an amazing mouse, good choice.

Do you use it for gaming?

It looks pretty good to me. I'd go for it.

1 minute ago, Ruben360 said:

Do you use it for gaming?

Nope, I just remember a video of LMG fighting over it when they were moving into the new office, considering Edzel wanted it the most, it must be a very capable gaming mouse.

3 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

it must be a very capable gaming mouse.

For a wireless mouse, it is. Only things that could make it better are A) a macro button counterpart and B) Program sensitive profiles/options.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I personally would stay away from it. Probably fine for most people but I think while playing FPS I would notice the difference between it and a top gaming grade wired mouse with an optical sensor or logitechs top end wireless gaming mice (G900 and G403 wireless). In general I would also stay away from laser sensors on a gaming mouse plus it is a very heavy mouse.

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

I was considering it, then I realized the g602 fit my needs much better, as I don't need the sidescroll, and the g602 has more buttons, so it's more versatile for my needs.

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

its a pretty decent pick. i think there are some other Logitec mice that are more ment for gameing but are still wireless that would be a bit better but the MX Master is a really nice mouse overall

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 hours ago, Fooshi said:

As usual, a decent reputable wired mouse > wireless mice.

As a G900 owner I feel this statement is only true most of the time but there are exceptions

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

I've owned the MX Master and the G700s (wired/wireless hybrid) and they both do plenty well for me when gaming. I prefer large mice and they both have large footprints (feetprint??) on my desk. I don't play too many FPS games but it seems to work just fine for Overwatch for me. For long gaming sessions though, the MX Master is SUPER comfortable.

"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."  - Dizzy Dean

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).

I use an MX Master at work and a G502 at home. MX Master is noticeably heavier, so I wouldn't use it for gaming. But you may not mind.

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE