Is the Oculus Rift worth it?

Hot_Swap_Fries

I've got a gaming laptop running a 980m with 8gb of vram, 4710mq with turboboost, and 16gb of ram. I'm thinking of buying an Oculus for vr, but is it worth it? Regardless of my specs or with, your choice. 

run the  vr test on steam it will show you if your computer is good enough for vr

if you get a high score it is worth it because it will run fine and right now I think the oculus rift is on sale

I tihnk it is at the price it is now. I got it when it was first released so I guess my view is a little tainted but my favourite games are in no particular order: 

chronos, oculus medium(not really a game), audioshield, superhot, assetto corsa, elite dangerous, dirt rally(has to be my favourite), dead and buried is fun, echo arena, echo arena and echo arena ( seriously it's really good). 

if you want to shit your pants theres an official mod for alien isolation now that's meant to be quite good I'm thinking of downloading that tonight, I'll probably regret it knowing me. 

I'm pretty sure it's good enough for VR that laptop, if the recommend specs are a 960 Desktop GPU, however there will be quite a lot a realice on ASW/ATW 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500