Can't pay for silver with paypal

Just to let you know, I'm just asking for help, not backlash.

I want to help out LTT by buying silver contributor.... only to be denied on PayPal. Well, it actually asks me to add a credit card (Which I add my credit cards already added on my PayPal) and no luck. I have 2 credit cards added on my PayPal account as well as $20.40 CAD. I really want to help out Linus (but especially Dennis, XD). Anyone getting this exact same issue?

Also, I'm only adding this on the forum bug area cause this is the only time where my PayPal balance is greater than the amount needed, in which PayPal asks for my credit card again. I just recently bought a game on Steam via PayPal and none of this happened.

Another question, is everything on the LTT forum in CAD or in USD?

This is more issue on PayPal's and your banks end. Are those CC's prepaid by any chance? If not, you should be in contact with PayPals support to make sure its going through correctly.

7 hours ago, randomperson89 said:

Another question, is everything on the LTT forum in CAD or in USD?

USD.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

For the subscription method that we use, a valid credit or debit card (not a prepaid card) is required - although I think it will use your account credit first, you must have a card on file to be able to subscribe. It doesn't work the same way as one-off payments.

However, it sounds like that is already the case. I would suggest that you contact PayPal support, though I don't recall other people having much luck with them I'm afraid.

HTTP/2 203

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

For the subscription method that we use, a valid credit or debit card (not a prepaid card) is required - although I think it will use your account credit first, you must have a card on file to be able to subscribe. It doesn't work the same way as one-off payments.

However, it sounds like that is already the case. I would suggest that you contact PayPal support, though I don't recall other people having much luck with them I'm afraid.

i read trough paypal stuff about this a while back (for a subscription to netflix, same difference.)

in essence, everything that can be set up as a recurring cost needs a card tied to the account, or more than a certain amount of money in the account.

on the note of paypal support, i make very strict practisce of always having $0.00 on my paypal account if that drives home my feelings on them "supporting" users.

I have my spotify linked to my PayPal and it just takes money from my account with no questions, so I'm going to ask PayPal and the community.