K3QCSk6.jpg?1

2x 360mm, 1x 240mm, 2x GPU blocks, CPU block, 2x pump/res combo, 8 fans etc

My current more "sensible build" xD

2QvK9Kd.jpg

Even this build has 3 radiators in it.

I'm not sure how much rad area you would need to fanless

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

1 hour ago, PaulG|heulboje21 said:

So there are no (Hard Line) Fittings that are made out of aluminium?

No, not as of currently, your only option for hardline is to go with regular copper type loops. For the cost approx it would be around a starting price of about $500 USD for a proper loop. 

1 hour ago, Daniel644 said:

I would say PRICE, the A240G is like HALF or less the price of a full custom setup

Well it's probably not half the price once you buy hard line tubing, a tube bending tool, and all the fittings. At that point you just need a pump, radiator, and reservoir and you've got the rest of the loop. It might still be more expensive, but it's a loop with expandability in the future.

Gaming build:

CPU: i7-7700k (5.0ghz, 1.312v)

GPU(s): Asus Strix 1080ti OC (~2063mhz)

Memory: 32GB (4x8) DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3000mhz

Motherboard: Asus Prime z270-AR

PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W

Cooler: Custom water loop (420mm rad + 360mm rad)

Case: Be quiet! Dark base pro 900 (silver)
Primary storage: Samsung 960 evo m.2 SSD (500gb)

Secondary storage: Samsung 850 evo SSD (250gb)

Server build:

OS: Ubuntu server 16.04 LTS (though will probably upgrade to 17.04 for better ryzen support)

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700x

Memory: Ballistix Sport LT 16GB

Motherboard: Asrock B350 m4 pro

PSU: Corsair CX550M

Cooler: Cooler master hyper 212 evo

Storage: 2TB WD Red x1, 128gb OCZ SSD for OS

Case: HAF 932 adv

13 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

I'm not sure how much rad area you would need to fanless

a lot

14 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

2x 360mm, 1x 240mm, 2x GPU blocks, CPU block, 2x pump/res combo, 8 fans etc

let me guess half of your budget on that build was spent on fittings

My life

8 minutes ago, Himommies said:

a lot

let me guess half of your budget on that build was spent on fittings

no..... of course it wasn't ...... I'm just saying that a watercooled build can really ramp up 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

• 2 months later...
On 29/07/2017 at 5:24 PM, PaulG|heulboje21 said:

Hey guys,

I am thinking of picking up EKs A240G but I really dislike the Soft Tubing, so I would prefer to Hard Tube it. My question is:

Is it possible to just replace the soft tubes delivered in the A240G with some acrylic or PETG Hard Tubes or do I need some different fittings for that?

Thanks!

there is now hardline fittings they sell. however it's only in the 20$ GPU expansion kit which make them quite expensive. but if that's what you want and you're ok with paying 60 to 80$ to have your hardline rather than soft tubing you can do it.

(edit) also to anybody searching for this don't trust other brands marked as aluminum on aliexpress amazon or what ever ppl say on the internet. almost all other brands are BRASS easy way to check is by looking up dimensions and volumic mass of aluminum and with simple math you can clearly tell it doesn't add up... not even close. So don't buy them.

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

15 hours ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

there is now hardline fittings they sell. however it's only in the 20$ GPU expansion kit which make them quite expensive. but if that's what you want and you're ok with paying 60 to 80$ to have your hardline rather than soft tubing you can do it.

(edit) also to anybody searching for this don't trust other brands marked as aluminum on aliexpress amazon or what ever ppl say on the internet. almost all other brands are BRASS easy way to check is by looking up dimensions and volumic mass of aluminum and with simple math you can clearly tell it doesn't add up... not even close. So don't buy them.

ya this is the only way to do it on the ALU kit. so its $10 per fitting vs $5-$8 standard EK HD fittings.

https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/ek-ac-gpu-connector-kit

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

• 1 month later...

It is possible to do hard tubing with the A240G kit, it requires buying one GPU Extension kit for 2 hard tube fasteners, at 20 a pop, you'd need 4 GPU extension kits, and separately the hard tubing to fit. 

Price for custom water cooling can very a lot.It depends on if you dual loops or single,How many rads you use and even the fittings.Hard line vs soft the price is very close but you need extra tools to deal with the hard line.

On 7/29/2017 at 4:27 PM, W-L said:

That is not possible since it requires different fittings for hardline tubing which are not compatible with the aluminium within the loop. 

I don't know for sure, as I avoid aluminum loops, but I was told by somebody local to me that when they ordered the GPU extension kit for the fluid series, it came with the needed fittings for Hardline. Not sure if it's true or not, nor do I know why that would be the case, but he was definitely under the impression that what he got.

Intel i7-7700k @ 5.1ghz | Asus ROG Maximus Hero IX | Asus ROG Poseidon Platinum 1080ti @ 2126mhz | 64gb Trident-Z DDR4 @ 3600mhz | Samsung 960 Pro 1tb @ 3500mbps/2500mbps | Crucial 240gb SSD | Toshiba 4tb 7200rpm HDD w/ Crucial 128gb SSD cache | Corsair Hx1000i PSU | EK 360mm Coolstream XE Radiator | EK-Supremacy Evo Waterblock | EK-DDC 3.2 PWM Elite Edition Pump | EK-RES X3 150 RGB Reservoir | Primochill AdvancedLRT Clear Tubing | Primochill VUE UV Blue Coolant | Corsair 570x Crystal RGB Case | 4x 30cm CableMod UV/RGB Widebeam Hybrid Led Strip | 3x 120mm Corsair SP120 RGB Fans | 3x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC 3000rpm Fans | 3x Noctua NF-A12x15 Fan | CableMod ModFlex PSU & SATA Cables | Asus ROG Swift 27" 4k IPS w/G-Sync & LG UD68 27" 4k IPS w/Freesync |

If everything was aluminum  like the rads the blocks and fittings it should be ok.What im not sure on is the pumps what is the impeller metal.Last thing would be the coolant some do not like aluminum.But to me id never use anything aluminum to water cool i rather save up longer and do it all copper and have it cool better to me.

19 minutes ago, PETRGangKing said:

I don't know for sure, as I avoid aluminum loops, but I was told by somebody local to me that when they ordered the GPU extension kit for the fluid series, it came with the needed fittings for Hardline. Not sure if it's true or not, nor do I know why that would be the case, but he was definitely under the impression that what he got.

Yes the GPU hardline kit option is now available and does come with aluminum based hardline compression fittings, so it's possible to do a hardline build with the Fluid gaming series if ones purchases enough of the extension kits. 

29 minutes ago, W-L said:

Yes the GPU hardline kit option is now available and does come with aluminum based hardline compression fittings, so it's possible to do a hardline build with the Fluid gaming series if ones purchases enough of the extension kits. 

That seems sort of ridiculous that you can't just purchase the Hardline fittings separately.

Intel i7-7700k @ 5.1ghz | Asus ROG Maximus Hero IX | Asus ROG Poseidon Platinum 1080ti @ 2126mhz | 64gb Trident-Z DDR4 @ 3600mhz | Samsung 960 Pro 1tb @ 3500mbps/2500mbps | Crucial 240gb SSD | Toshiba 4tb 7200rpm HDD w/ Crucial 128gb SSD cache | Corsair Hx1000i PSU | EK 360mm Coolstream XE Radiator | EK-Supremacy Evo Waterblock | EK-DDC 3.2 PWM Elite Edition Pump | EK-RES X3 150 RGB Reservoir | Primochill AdvancedLRT Clear Tubing | Primochill VUE UV Blue Coolant | Corsair 570x Crystal RGB Case | 4x 30cm CableMod UV/RGB Widebeam Hybrid Led Strip | 3x 120mm Corsair SP120 RGB Fans | 3x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC 3000rpm Fans | 3x Noctua NF-A12x15 Fan | CableMod ModFlex PSU & SATA Cables | Asus ROG Swift 27" 4k IPS w/G-Sync & LG UD68 27" 4k IPS w/Freesync |

EK Fluid Gaming hardline build has been done before: clicky

It gets expensive though with the extension kits. @EKWB - why dont you start selling the hardline fittings separately from the GPU extension kit?

• 1 month later...
On 7/29/2017 at 5:24 PM, PaulG|heulboje21 said:

Hey guys,

I am thinking of picking up EKs A240G but I really dislike the Soft Tubing, so I would prefer to Hard Tube it. My question is:

Is it possible to just replace the soft tubes delivered in the A240G with some acrylic or PETG Hard Tubes or do I need some different fittings for that?

Thanks!

Hey, I know this thread is a little dated but thought to comment. Have you considered polished aluminum tubing? I imagine there would be a specific type of aluminum to use. And, from what I can tell liquid cooking goes through trends. If EK Fluid is successful there will be other aluminum parts and parts makers down the line. 

• 8 months later...

The EKWB Fluid Gaming kit website got updated at some point and they have PETG hardline tubing and new fittings including 90 degree angle fittings for purchase. The PETG tubing is at the bottom of this page https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/parts/

On 7/29/2017 at 3:35 PM, Daniel644 said:

sure, but then you have to piece meal it out and after paying shipping from multiple different places you don't save much. also please remember we are talking HUNDRED OF DOLLARS difference even with your underestimated prices, like the price of a decent CPU level difference, for people on a BUDGET that's a pretty big number, this kit is meant for people that want to have a full loop but can only afford AIO pricing. 

Dont forget that some people have to pay ridiculous exchange rates, and  shipping costs, and then  worry about getting hit with massive duty on a converted exchange rate.

The best way to get water cooling part on the cheap is the figure out 4 or 5 main suppliers of ( mixed manufactures or  direct websites)  so that you can compare costs and shipping rates.  

i have seen parts for less than 50%of an identical, but then shipping eats all that savings up.   If your in Canada check out Dazmode.com .  Otherwise figure out the cheapest place to source your parts yourself and use the community for assistance on choice.

• 4 weeks later...