Anyone know how to make a bot that endlessly counts upwards?

Emiougus

There's a discord channel that i'm in that has a count to 1 million room, what i want to do is get some kind of bot the automatically counts upwards and presses enter after each number does anyone know how to do this? 

well.. are you talking an actual discord bot, or just something that types for you?

because the latter is pretty easy, a while back i found some python library that did the heavy lifting for me.

1 minute ago, PineyCreek said:

This feels like a chat and programming equivalent of a fidget spinner.

its much worse than a fidget spinner, its like a fidget spinner that never slows down, only ever getting faster.

16 minutes ago, manikyath said:

well.. are you talking an actual discord bot, or just something that types for you?

because the latter is pretty easy, a while back i found some python library that did the heavy lifting for me.

Something that types for me so it looks like i'm doing it so i can sleep while its happening. 

Just now, huilun02 said:

If you doing this for someone else to observe you're not fooling anyone.

The bot will either count inhumanly fast, or have the same interval between numbers from small numbers all the way to things that have a stupid amount of digits.

I want to do it for a meme I don't mind if anyone notices its a bot that will just make its funnier 

selenium is a web UI automation tool that can be programmed using several different languages. If you google selenium and discord; it looks like there are a few examples on GitHub.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

56 minutes ago, Emiougus said:

I want to do it for a meme I don't mind if anyone notices its a bot that will just make its funnier 

That's some hardcore dedication to the meme

EDIT: I guess I should be helpful, for the meme, as well though. Without fully knowing all the details of discord, you can probably just do something really simple in Chrome by pressing f12 and creating a javascript function which counts and submits a chat message for you. The downside is that you will have to keep Chrome running and if you press refresh all your code goes away...and you have to learn javascript..

Edited by CrashCourse
For the meme

4 hours ago, manikyath said:

does discord have a webchat? if so you can just use selenium to log in and type what ever you like

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

13 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

does discord have a webchat? if so you can just use selenium to log in and type what ever you like

i think part of discord's early hype was about them supporting *every* platform, not sure if webchat was/still is part of that.

2 hours ago, manikyath said:

i think part of discord's early hype was about them supporting *every* platform, not sure if webchat was/still is part of that.

just checked total has a web client :)

https://discordapp.com/login

You're going to have to be careful of rate limits. 

It's not simply a case of a for loop, counter and sending a message each time. Discord won't like you for that. 

There's an API chat/server if you want to get into creating a bot, they're just.... Not the friendliest of bunch sometimes so be careful how you phrase your question (e.g. don't 'How to make a bot')

https://discordapp.com/developers/docs/intro

27 minutes ago, AUniqueName said:

It's not simply a case of a for loop, counter and sending a message each time. Discord won't like you for that. 

You can use selenium to control the web browser so you don't have to use the API much faster if you do though ^_^

5 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

You can use selenium to control the web browser so you don't have to use the API much faster if you do though ^_^

Never even considered that. 

I guess if OP has no programming knowledge, might be easier. Plenty of libraries for Discord API though (too many) so he might even find someone who'll drop him some code for it if he asks nicely - will probably annoy them when he starts asking for tutorials on getting API keys and such though lol

I'd give him some stuff to run in Node but, I'm lazy and hate getting myself into one on one support situations lol

1 hour ago, AUniqueName said:

Never even considered that. 

I guess if OP has no programming knowledge, might be easier. Plenty of libraries for Discord API though (too many) so he might even find someone who'll drop him some code for it if he asks nicely - will probably annoy them when he starts asking for tutorials on getting API keys and such though lol

I'd give him some stuff to run in Node but, I'm lazy and hate getting myself into one on one support situations lol

I've created a few script now that use selenium, one being an Instagram scheduler c#.

do some auto hotkey on that thing.

https://autohotkey.com/docs/commands/Loop.htm

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K