Best DAC AMP Combo

iPC
2 minutes ago, iPC said:

Not metal. Just within genres of music.

You should try it first on your local store. I went to a local store here that sells AKG, JBL, and other Harman Kardon stuff. They have demos on most products. But for some you might want to bring your own portable amp if you wanna try the bigger ones.

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

18 minutes ago, YoloSwag said:

You should try it first on your local store. I went to a local store here that sells AKG, JBL, and other Harman Kardon stuff. They have demos on most products. But for some you might want to bring your own portable amp if you wanna try the bigger ones.

Ok thank you. Which headphones store was that?

4 minutes ago, iPC said:

Ok thank you. Which headphones Super was that?

You mean retail store or which headphones I tried there?

I went to a Harman Kardon retail store. Apparently, Samsung now owns Harman Kardon, and Harman Kardon operates AKG and JBL plus many others.

I tried the K240, my iPod can't run it on full power.

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

4 minutes ago, YoloSwag said:

You mean retail store or which headphones I tried there?

I went to a Harman Kardon retail store. Apparently, Samsung now owns Harman Kardon, and Harman Kardon operates AKG and JBL plus many others.

I tried the K240, my iPod can't run it on full power.

Ok thank you. The drop end in 2 days, so I'm trying to win the mental battle with myself as to which headphones I should buy. In all honestly, what I'm asking is if an AKG K7XX will be significantly better than my BOSE QC25s. If they are, and they provide a good listening experience, that's all I need.

3 minutes ago, iPC said:

Ok thank you. The drop end in 2 days, so I'm trying to win the mental battle with myself as to which headphones I should buy. In all honestly, what I'm asking is if an AKG K7XX will be significantly better than my BOSE QC25s. If they are, and they provide a good listening experience, that's all I need.

They are. You're comparing it to Bose products which actually filter some details.

It's kind of Bose's thing to do it and that's what they're known for. I haven't heard or seen a studio where they used Bose products for monitoring because some details do get filtered out.

Also, some bad news for Bose here.

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, YoloSwag said:

They are. You're comparing it to Bose products which actually filter some details.

It's kind of Bose's thing to do it and that's what they're known for. I haven't heard or seen a studio where they used Bose products for monitoring because some details do get filtered out.

Also, some bad news for Bose here.

Another very important question: Black or Red edition?

4 minutes ago, iPC said:

Another very important question: Black or Red edition?

It's up to you. But I'd go with red just because it's less common than what they offer. So you could say it's like a special edition with the only difference being color. Still more rare.

Don't know if this increases resale value but it technically should with it being more rare.

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

52 minutes ago, YoloSwag said:

It's up to you. But I'd go with red just because it's less common than what they offer. So you could say it's like a special edition with the only difference being color. Still more rare.

Don't know if this increases resale value but it technically should with it being more rare.

I do want to warm these up, though. How warm is the NFB 11.28? What are some other warm amps? (tube or ss, I don't care)

6 hours ago, iPC said:

I do want to warm these up, though. How warm is the NFB 11.28? What are some other warm amps? (tube or ss, I don't care)

Not sure if the K7XX is sensitive to amps like some of the HD 6XX.

Tube amps I've heard do give a warm sound, but I still don't know if the K7XX would respond to it. Like I said, try first what you have, then if you think you can improve it, then step up a level and buy the next thing. There is no reason to spend a ton of money in one go expecting you have the best. There is no such thing as "best", but there are some things that are better. Now what is "better" is up to you.

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

• 6 months later...
On 2017-07-29 at 1:29 AM, Dackzy said:

Get a NFB 11.28, it is just the better combo at this price point. I think it is going to run you 320$, but it is worth every penny.

Holy moly. Audio-GD is a strange little company. Gonna revive this thread...

8 hours ago, PrometheanCat2 said:

Holy moly. Audio-GD is a strange little company. Gonna revive this thread...

nothing wrong with being strange ;) But yeah their website and how your order is a bit weird. I have recently heard of some quality problems, so I might take the 11.32 off my list.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.