Best Low profile GPU

AMDPRO

What is the best low profile card for gaming. I would also include wx cards and quadros in this roundup.

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B350 GPU: Reference cooled GTX 980 Storage: Intel SSD5 256Gb RAM: 8gb Geil EVO Potenza Case:  Phanteks p300 PSU: EVGA 500 watt CPU Cooler: AMD wraith spire

Steam: maxarooni4

Battle.net: MAX

If you have an Oculus HMU in dead and buried   

2 minutes ago, AMDPRO said:

What is the best low profile card for gaming. I would also include wx cards and quadros in this roundup.

Define low profile... single slot? short length? if you're including workstation crds in the mix I'm guessing you're not looking at cards like the 1050ti....

Theres a couple of small 1070's From gigabyte and i cant remember the other one (there's a small 1080ti by zotac but it's no better than the reference design in terms of performance or cooling)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

4 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Define low profile... single slot? short length? if you're including workstation crds in the mix I'm guessing you're not looking at cards like the 1050ti....

Theres a couple of small 1070's From gigabyte and i cant remember the other one (there's a small 1080ti by zotac but it's no better than the reference design in terms of performance or cooling)

Low profile as in the bracket size so that it would fit in low profile cases

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B350 GPU: Reference cooled GTX 980 Storage: Intel SSD5 256Gb RAM: 8gb Geil EVO Potenza Case:  Phanteks p300 PSU: EVGA 500 watt CPU Cooler: AMD wraith spire

To clarify this is the difference between low profile and regular gpus

IMG_2512.JPG

literally 2 days ago, linus made a video about some "special" gpu's. which featured a msi gtx 1050 ti, which also has a low profile bracket.

the video at the exact time of the gpu: link

the gpu itself (link is also in the videodescription

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

10 minutes ago, AMDPRO said:

To clarify this is the difference between low profile and regular gpus

IMG_2512.JPG

Ah i see. Yeah, theres nothing i know of higher in performance than a 1050ti in that form factor.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

9 minutes ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

literally 2 days ago, linus made a video about some "special" gpu's. which featured a msi gtx 1050 ti, which also has a low profile bracket.

the video at the exact time of the gpu: link

the gpu itself (link is also in the videodescription

I've seen the vid and I want more than a 1050 ti

How about a wx 4100?

3 minutes ago, AMDPRO said:

How about a wx 4100?

according to what google can give me. the wx4100 is worse than a gtx 1050ti.

if you look only at gaming cards, the 1050ti is the best low profile one. if you look at other cards, than idk, because i dont know much about the other ones

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

Just now, Glennieboyyy007 said:

according to what google can give me. the wx4100 is worse than a gtx 1050ti.

if you look only at gaming cards, the 1050ti is the best low profile one. if you look at other cards, than idk, because i dont know much about the other ones

Ok thanks

GTX 1050ti if you're willing to spend $140. Otherwise I would get the 1050 non ti. However that card is $120 but it's way slower.

The 1050ti will play most games at High settings 1080p at 60fps.