How should I fight this claim???

14 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

-We cannot prove that he used it for Ethereum mining but if he did (was mentioned that it was great for it in the post) it means he stressed out the graphics card too much and may have broken it, this happens to many graphics cards people use for mining.

I'm not sure you can say that using it for Ethereum mining = "stressed out the graphics card too much". As far as I know it's a valid use case for a graphics card.

Just now, rasmuskrj said:

I'm not sure you can say that using it for Ethereum mining = "stressed out the graphics card too much". As far as I know it's a valid use case for a graphics card.

When using it 24/7 under high loads, it does stress it out too much. Why do you think there is so much rma fraud now.

Just now, Abyss Gaming said:

When using it 24/7 under high loads, it does stress it out too much. Why do you think there is so much rma fraud now.

I'd say, if he was etherium mining and didn't take the proper precautions, he could have damaged the card. Also, it's a gaming card, not designed for compute situations or mining. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Would you say that a person using a graphics card for gaming 24/7 was utilizing his card in a way that would void warranty? I don't have the facts, but it doesn't sound right to me.

Anyway, my main point is that you should avoid saying things that you don't 100% know are true. If you know for an absolute fact that ethereum mining = broken gfx card then fine. But I'm not sure that is the case.

19 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

"(read before calling, important to mention all of it) What to say to eBay:

-He gave no proof of there being a heat issue so a picture from a reputable software that monitors temperatures would be proof. (using two at once would be the way to make sure a program isn't showing a false temperature, some programs are HWmonitor and MSI Afterburner.)

-If they cannot overclock it that is not a fault of the card and does not require a return, different graphics cards are capable of different overclocks and this one may have lost the "sillicon lottery" as they say. I wouldn't know as I have never tried overclocking it and had never guaranteed anything to do with it in the listing.

-A picture of how he set it up would be nice too so that I know it is all connected properly.

-We cannot prove that he used it for Ethereum mining but if he did (was mentioned that it was great for it in the post) it means he stressed out the graphics card too much and may have broken it, this happens to many graphics cards people use for mining. (Dad you dont have to mention this part but he could be faking the claim since ethereum has become not profitable)

-If heat truly is an issue replacing the thermal paste could help remedy it."

is this good? I am sending pointers to my dad since he is going to call eBay instead of email.

That seems perfectly fine, I don't see an issue with saying what you've said there. As long as you reference all of those points to the buyer so that eBay can see it then it's a no brainer that you should win the claim. Report back with good luck hopefully B| 

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

Just now, rasmuskrj said:

Would you say that a person using a graphics card for gaming 24/7 was utilizing his card in a way that would void warranty? I don't have the facts, but it doesn't sound right to me.

Anyway, my main point is that you should avoid saying things that you don't 100% know are true.

I do know that though. Ask anyone on this forum, there is a reason people recommend against buying used GPUs rn. Most were used for mining. Imagine 24/7, under full load, for months in some cases. I'd say it would shorten the lifespan alot. Not even being turned off

hes probably not even having problems with it just wanted to use it for mining and realized its mining dieing and wants to get out he probably cant show any proof who waits 25 days to return something 

did the buyer have any feedback on his account? 

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

2 minutes ago, Vernw3 said:

hes probably not even having problems with it just wanted to use it for mining and realized its mining dieing and wants to get out he probably cant show any proof who waits 25 days to return something 

He did, 57 positive and 2 negative. But we have much (much) more so that could possibly balance out the preference they give to the buyers.

Maybe the buyer tried to overclock with the AMD Wattman tool. And that is a buggy experience. Even if you don't try to overclock with it, it can break your whole fan profile and just never use the fan so the card goes to 90°C in idle and just uses the fans for a few seconds to cool it down again.

I have this problem because I wanted to check out Wattman (and didn't even tried to overclock) and ever since then I have to use MSI Afterburner in autostart to handle my fans.

5 hours ago, Vernw3 said:

5 hours ago, Brennan_Price said:

That seems perfectly fine, I don't see an issue with saying what you've said there. As long as you reference all of those points to the buyer so that eBay can see it then it's a no brainer that you should win the claim. Report back with good luck hopefully B| 

5 hours ago, rasmuskrj said:

Anyway, my main point is that you should avoid saying things that you don't 100% know are true. If you know for an absolute fact that ethereum mining = broken gfx card then fine. But I'm not sure that is the case.

5 hours ago, Zando Bob said:

I'd say, if he was etherium mining and didn't take the proper precautions, he could have damaged the card. Also, it's a gaming card, not designed for compute situations or mining. 

7 hours ago, Billy_Mays said:

Sometimes you loose the silicon lottery and I didn't even attempt to overclock it at all so it's sorta the GPUs fault for not overclocking that well

7 hours ago, r3loAded said:

Ask him about the temp while gaming or even stress test. If the temps are in the limits specified by the manufacturer there's no reason to return it.

And yes, airflow of his case plays a major role.

IMO that's not a return case, unless it's over the manufacturer's specified limits.

So eBay said if we can get him to admit that he used it for more than an hour the case is ours. What wording should I use? Should I say did it arrive like that or something? He probably doesn't know about the rule since judging by his feedback this is a one time thing

1 minute ago, Abyss Gaming said:

So eBay said if we can get him to admit that he used it for more than an hour the case is ours. What wording should I use? Should I say did it arrive like that or something? He probably doesn't know about the rule since judging by his feedback this is a one time thing

Just ask him how he found out it was overheating. Like, "Hey, how fast did it overheat? Were you just playing/overclocking for a few minutes, or played for a bit longer and it got hot?" Then you're helping him find the problem, and he's helping you by telling you how long he used it for. It'll also help you figure out why it's overheating. 

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Damn this ebay deal can be a nightmare, makes me reconsider trying to sell my old hardware online.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

ask him what the problem is

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

On 7/28/2017 at 4:43 PM, Princess Cadence said:

Damn this ebay deal can be a nightmare, makes me reconsider trying to sell my old hardware online.

Eh when selling older hardware you arent dealing with the morons aka ethereum miners

On 7/28/2017 at 4:40 PM, Zando Bob said:

Just ask him how he found out it was overheating. Like, "Hey, how fast did it overheat? Were you just playing/overclocking for a few minutes, or played for a bit longer and it got hot?" Then you're helping him find the problem, and he's helping you by telling you how long he used it for. It'll also help you figure out why it's overheating. 

Idk I dont have a good feeling about winning :/ I'm hopeful but idk. How about "does it gradually overheat or does it overheat instantly shutting down the computer before windows even opens" And hope he says it gradually does over an hour or if he says instantly then I got him since you can't monitor GPU temps outside of windows AFAIK. Plus I have a vid of it working inside windows ;)

15 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Eh when selling older hardware you arent dealing with the morons aka ethereum miners

Idk I dont have a good feeling about winning :/ I'm hopeful but idk. How about "does it gradually overheat or does it overheat instantly shutting down the computer before windows even opens" And hope he says it gradually does over an hour or if he says instantly then I got him since you can't monitor GPU temps outside of windows AFAIK. Plus I have a vid of it working inside windows ;)

That's what I'd do. Ask him how fast it heats up, and you may be able to catch him. It's a stink peeps will mine with cards, then not admit it, then bite back at people who dislike miners. 

Main PC 

Just now, Zando Bob said:

That's what I'd do. Ask him how fast it heats up, and you may be able to catch him. It's a stink peeps will mine with cards, then not admit it, then bite back at people who dislike miners. 

Well there is a pretty valid reason to disliking miners lol... Definitely not the only one this has happened to

1 minute ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Well there is a pretty valid reason to disliking miners lol... Definitely not the only one this has happened to

Yup. If they were just fair, didn't grab up every last 1060, and admitted they toasted their cards, everyone would feel a lot better about them. Like the smart miners who know that market goes up and down, so they just use their current hardware or get a couple cards. 

Main PC 

On 7/28/2017 at 9:17 AM, Billy_Mays said:

snip

On 7/28/2017 at 9:26 AM, Vernw3 said:

snip

On 7/28/2017 at 9:27 AM, r3loAded said:

snip

On 7/28/2017 at 9:43 AM, Brennan_Price said:

snip

On 7/28/2017 at 10:34 AM, Zando Bob said:

snip

On 7/28/2017 at 11:18 AM, rasmuskrj said:

snip

On 7/28/2017 at 11:36 AM, IsamuMiyoji said:

snip

On 7/28/2017 at 4:43 PM, Princess Cadence said:

snip

On 7/28/2017 at 4:52 PM, DXMember said:

snip

Hello everyone I have an update. In his reply he mentioned alot about overclocking and that he doesnt think it is performing as well as it should (implies he has tested it for over an hour) so my dad said if I can find somewhere a manufacturer says something like "we cannot guarantee overclocks" or "we advise against it" or something along those lines we have him. If non of you can find it maybe just maybe we could explain to the eBay person how overclocking works and even though there is no official statement it is running past rated speeds that are not guaranteed to work correctly. Thank you in advanced.

7 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Hello everyone I have an update. In his reply he mentioned alot about overclocking and that he doesnt think it is performing as well as it should (implies he has tested it for over an hour) so my dad said if I can find somewhere a manufacturer says something like "we cannot guarantee overclocks" or "we advise against it" or something along those lines we have him. If non of you can find it maybe just maybe we could explain to the eBay person how overclocking works and even though there is no official statement it is running past rated speeds that are not guaranteed to work correctly. Thank you in advanced.

what brand is it?

My Personal Computer

Peripherals

Just now, Vernw3 said:

what brand is it?

XFX

33 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

XFX

they say its fine to overclock as long as no physical damage occours thats about it

My Personal Computer

Peripherals

1 minute ago, Vernw3 said:

they say its fine to overclock as long as no physical damage occours thats about it

Hmm do you think explaining how overclocking works and makes it run hotter would work?

4 hours ago, Abyss Gaming said:

http://download.intel.com/support/processors/sb/warranty_processor_english.pdf

WARNING:
Altering clock frequency and/or voltage may: (i) reduce system stability and useful life of the system and processor; (ii)
cause the processor and other system components to fail; (iii) cause reductions in system performance; (iv) cause additional heat or other
damage; and (v) affect system data integrity. Intel has not tested, and does not warranty, the operation of the processor beyond its
specifications. Intel assumes no responsibility that the processor, including if used with altered clock frequencies and/or voltages, will be
fit for any particular purpose.

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

3 minutes ago, DXMember said:

http://download.intel.com/support/processors/sb/warranty_processor_english.pdf

WARNING:
Altering clock frequency and/or voltage may: (i) reduce system stability and useful life of the system and processor; (ii)
cause the processor and other system components to fail; (iii) cause reductions in system performance; (iv) cause additional heat or other
damage; and (v) affect system data integrity. Intel has not tested, and does not warranty, the operation of the processor beyond its
specifications. Intel assumes no responsibility that the processor, including if used with altered clock frequencies and/or voltages, will be
fit for any particular purpose.

THANKS! Not gonna use that since it is intel cpus but made me remember ryzen master has a warning message

Screenshot_392.png.6b998328bda51b1fccd283234b4a6354.png

Mentions GPUs too, which is what it is. Still might have to explain how overclocking causes overheating, but still! Thanks!

Ayyy didnt even see this Screenshot_395.png.70d06908ee54884d0d3035fe2f7c0889.png

I have been looking for the heat part! Thanks everyone for their help (if you are reading this since I didnt quote anybody) I will update if I am successful or not. I think I have won though. I mean who waits 25 days to return a gpu that was bought twice of retail that happens to be good at ethereum mining... Obvious scam. Even looking at his feedback he randomly canceled orders cause he didnt feel like it. What a b****. Hope he learns a partial lesson.