Need a little help with my new Build

Go to solution Solved by honor,
10 hours ago, RockiLocky said:

Ok thx for the opinion but I am not sure why, but I want to stick to intel

thank you for the information helps a lot ;D although I would love to stick to intel. Will check out the Case. Why the gigabyte GPU? and why why the ROG Swift over the acer ;D?

I dont know why but I am kinda wanting to stick to intel I am a bit scared I will make a mistake going AMD regarding CPUs

Hey whatever floats your boat, but currently Intel is pulling a shitshow and is really mistreating their customers by charging outrageous prices. Ultimately up to you :) Ryzen is the better value and worth every penny (built about 4 systems for friends/ family based on Ryzen and they love it, especially my brother who works a lot in VMs for testing and coding purposes). For more infos, watch this:

I chose the GIgabyte graphicard, becasue the Aorus card and the strix card by Asus have great cooling/ thermals and are inaudible in the systems I have built so far. With a tempered glass panel on the side of the case, this is all the more important, since I prefer silence and get irritated easily by fan noise or coil whine.

The Asus screen was chosen simply because I have one myself and love it to bits! :D It does its job and I have no complaints about it, that is all really :P

Oh and regarding the 7740x, it is probably the most unnecessary cpu out there with the 7700k being on the market. :D If in doubt:

On a final note, I will be honest here,I have been an Intel user all my life. The Pcs my father gave me as a kid were all Intel based, the PCs I have built myself were all Intel based, and even my current one was built when Intel was still the better choice (I have a 6700k). BUT this has changed significantly this year. Amd has unexpectedly made comeback, which kind of caught Intel off guard and despite that, Intel still charges too much. 4-5 years of only incremental upgrades and perfomance gains on Intels side with new sockets each time and suddenly, now that AMD has made its comeback, they still practice the same kind of strategy. I really won't support that and will definitely build my next system based around an AMD CPU. So it is really a matter of personal opinion and experience. If you want a Intel machine, that is fine, but currently you wont get the same amount of cores and perfomance for the low price AMD is offering.

Hey guys and gals,

I am currently building a new PC :D

Well there is not much you need to know expect the parts I have figured out for now and have some questions regarding the whole build. My budget lies around 2.5k to 4k so a lot of money to work with ;D worked hard for it. Everything in Euros ofcourse because I am from Austria the lovely alps

(All the prices down below are in Euros from the cheapest sides I can get them from.)

i7-5930k CPU 606.36
NZXT Kraken x62 Cooler 229.83
ASUS ROG  Strix  Motherboard 312.35
Kingston HyperX Fury RAM 32GB 257.89
SSD EVO 250 SSD 250GB 94.99
SSD EVO 500 SSD 500GB 157.89
WD BLACK HDD 2TB 149.9
1080TI Zotac GPU 869
PSU - -
ASUS ROG Swift Monitor 795
Case - -
thermal paste - -
Windows - -

These are my current specs I have figured out. Although I am missing a PSU, Case, thermal paste, Windows 10(basically where I should get it from) and Not sure if I want the ROG Swift or the Acer one. So I am here to ask for these questions.

Now what I am doing mainly is: playing games, programming and doing occasionally video and picture editing as a hobby. 

A little history why I picked those parts:

The i7-5930k for dual SLI with 16x and possibility to easily add PCIE Storage in the future if they get cheaper.

THe Kraken x62 because I heard it is basically the best cooler and I didnt want to be a cheap bastard on the CPU cooler.

the ASUS ROG Strix because I just like the style of the motherboard and its features which I would like to use a lot so I am really nice with it.

Went for the Kingston HyperX Fury because they are cheap and good looking, they do fit to to the motherboard. They are 2400MHz btw with CL15 

2SSD's because on the 250Gb I will have Photoshop, Visual Studio, Sony Vegas and other programs + all Windows related stuff.

On the 500GB version I will have store all my games

The WD black is there for my Documents and all other stuff if I run out of space on the SSDs 

The 1080TI Zotac extreme Edition because I like the looks of it not that costy compared to others, it keeps my GPU cool not too loud what I read from.

PSU as stated above not sure which one to get but I want one which keeps me save as soon as I am ready to SLI up

Well the Monitor :D I wanted the Rog Swift or Acer HBU I think it was called due to high frequency IPS panel and nice colors so thats why one of those but not sure which one :D could need help there

Case I have no clue the height cant be higher than 56cm. I need one which cools my PC really well is silent but not too silent ofc I can handle it if its a bit louder

thermal paste really need help here no clue what to get

For windows as stated above too just need a little tip where to get it from so I can put it on a USB to flash boot install it ;D

Well all those parts above is kinda a little wish list but I am open for a lot of opinions to improve the build and so on, I want it to be really future prove for SLI and be able to handle fps well on most games so I can fully use the Monitor ;D And I would jump to another Chipset if the arguments are well fitting my needs and it saves me money and doesnt bottleneck me in the future. Plan to keep this PC for 10+years (ofc with SLI incoming between 2-6years)

Hope you guys can help me out

Regards

RockiLocky 

Get Ryzen 7 1700,costs cheaper and performs the same or even better 

Get windows for cheap on kinguin or other scources for 20-30€

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1800X 3.6GHz 8-Core Processor  (€457.93 @ Amazon Deutschland)
CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2 98.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€159.90 @ Caseking)
Motherboard: Asus - CROSSHAIR VI HERO (WI-FI AC) ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€257.84 @ Mindfactory)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€337.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€319.43 @ Mindfactory)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€60.75 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AORUS Xtreme Edition 11G Video Card  (€837.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Case: Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400S TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case  (€89.90 @ Caseking)
Power Supply: Corsair - HX Platinum 750W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€157.18 @ Mindfactory)
Monitor: Asus - PG279Q ROG Swift 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor  (€802.99 @ Mindfactory)
Total: €3481.81
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-25 21:13 CEST+0200

EDIT: Thermal Paste is preapplied (on the NZXT x62) and is good enough, so no worries there

38 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Get Ryzen 7 1700,costs cheaper and performs the same or even better 

20 minutes ago, honor said:

Get windows for cheap on kinguin or other scources for 20-30€

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1800X 3.6GHz 8-Core Processor  (€457.93 @ Amazon Deutschland)
CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2 98.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€159.90 @ Caseking)
Motherboard: Asus - CROSSHAIR VI HERO (WI-FI AC) ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€257.84 @ Mindfactory)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€337.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€319.43 @ Mindfactory)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€60.75 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AORUS Xtreme Edition 11G Video Card  (€837.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Case: Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400S TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case  (€89.90 @ Caseking)
Power Supply: Corsair - HX Platinum 750W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€157.18 @ Mindfactory)
Monitor: Asus - PG279Q ROG Swift 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor  (€802.99 @ Mindfactory)
Total: €3481.81
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-25 21:13 CEST+0200

EDIT: Thermal Paste is preapplied (on the NZXT x62) and is good enough, so no worries there

thank you for the information helps a lot ;D although I would love to stick to intel. Will check out the Case. Why the gigabyte GPU? and why why the ROG Swift over the acer ;D?

18 minutes ago, dude49 said:

Instead of a cpu with a dated architecture, get Ryzen. :)

I dont know why but I am kinda wanting to stick to intel I am a bit scared I will make a mistake going AMD regarding CPUs

10 hours ago, RockiLocky said:

Hey whatever floats your boat, but currently Intel is pulling a shitshow and is really mistreating their customers by charging outrageous prices. Ultimately up to you :) Ryzen is the better value and worth every penny (built about 4 systems for friends/ family based on Ryzen and they love it, especially my brother who works a lot in VMs for testing and coding purposes). For more infos, watch this:

I chose the GIgabyte graphicard, becasue the Aorus card and the strix card by Asus have great cooling/ thermals and are inaudible in the systems I have built so far. With a tempered glass panel on the side of the case, this is all the more important, since I prefer silence and get irritated easily by fan noise or coil whine.

The Asus screen was chosen simply because I have one myself and love it to bits! :D It does its job and I have no complaints about it, that is all really :P

Oh and regarding the 7740x, it is probably the most unnecessary cpu out there with the 7700k being on the market. :D If in doubt:

On a final note, I will be honest here,I have been an Intel user all my life. The Pcs my father gave me as a kid were all Intel based, the PCs I have built myself were all Intel based, and even my current one was built when Intel was still the better choice (I have a 6700k). BUT this has changed significantly this year. Amd has unexpectedly made comeback, which kind of caught Intel off guard and despite that, Intel still charges too much. 4-5 years of only incremental upgrades and perfomance gains on Intels side with new sockets each time and suddenly, now that AMD has made its comeback, they still practice the same kind of strategy. I really won't support that and will definitely build my next system based around an AMD CPU. So it is really a matter of personal opinion and experience. If you want a Intel machine, that is fine, but currently you wont get the same amount of cores and perfomance for the low price AMD is offering.

8 hours ago, honor said:

Thanks for the answer. Appreciate it a lot. Will look into some Ryzen reviews and decide by the end of this/next month. Again thank you so much