Pulling out my hair looking for a cable....

TGJamieErin

I feel really dense asking this, but I just cannot find a standard 24-pin motherboard to 24-pin PSU cable on Newegg to replace mine that has a pin missing on one end. They credited me $10 to buy one, please help? Rather not have to bug rosewill for it since Newegg has already credited me. 

Your Local Crypto Trading, Competitive Gaming Slut <3

NZXT S340 Elite | 7700k | Corsair H110i | Asus Dual 1070 | 16GB G.Skill Aegis RAM | Rosewill Photon 650w Modular PSU

ebay?

ThinkPad masterrace

Me thinkpads:

X220, R30, T24, TransNote

Poor college student. I donate plasma so I can buy groceries. I don't have cash for cables that should have been fine to begin with. I just didn't notice it when initially building like 5 months ago and this was my first time recabling it. 

Newegg is one of the biggest retailers of PC parts on the planet, they should have this. =/ 

NZXT S340 Elite | 7700k | Corsair H110i | Asus Dual 1070 | 16GB G.Skill Aegis RAM | Rosewill Photon 650w Modular PSU

May have misread because its late but unless you removed one of the cables there should be 1 missing anyway I think. (N/C) atx-connector-20-24pin.jpeg

3700x, Asus B450i, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, Gigabyte GTX 970 ITXDan A4-SFX, SX600-G, 120mm AIO.

You'll most likely have to contact your PSU manufacturer for this as it's quite specific and isn't a generic part. Each PSU unit has its own pin-out, so whatever unit you have, you must get the same exact one.

Thank you all for the replies, I'll look deeper into this then, I thought all 24 were supposed to be present on both ends.I'll contact Rosewill at this point.  

1 minute ago, TGJamieErin said:

Thank you all for the replies, I'll look deeper into this then, I thought all 24 were supposed to be present on both ends.I'll contact Rosewill at this point.  

If the cables are coloured, it'll be the one across from the grey wire.

The one missing is the old -5v which is 100% unused in any computer of the past decade. It's normal if it's missing.

On top of that, I don't recommend you looking around for random cable replacements, as every PSU model has its own electrical pin-out which sometimes varies even between different wattages of the same model. Even if it physically fits, you risk turning your components into expensive paperweights if you are not careful about what you're doing.

So this leads to a new issue then, if that pin is indeed supposed to be missing, which I'm assuming it is. 

What's up with my USB malfunctioning error messages? I click cancel to make the port unusable until fixed, but nothing in my USB ports stops working at all and I don't take any kind of performance hit. 

17 minutes ago, TGJamieErin said:

So this leads to a new issue then, if that pin is indeed supposed to be missing, which I'm assuming it is. 

What's up with my USB malfunctioning error messages? I click cancel to make the port unusable until fixed, but nothing in my USB ports stops working at all and I don't take any kind of performance hit. 

Anything plugged into the front panel USB? Unplug the header from the motherboard. If the error persists, try reinstalling usb drivers. If its still an issue, RMA the board

46 minutes ago, TGJamieErin said:

That's caused by a short somewhere. Windows automatically cuts power to the shorting port until you fix it.

Try messing with the plugs a bit or checking the cables for fraying.

Just now, H0R53 said:

That's caused by a short somewhere. Windows automatically cuts power to the shorting port until you fix it.

Try messing with the plugs a bit or checking the cables for fraying.

It'll also do that when there's a bad/poor connection on the data [ins.

I'll check my connections to make sure they're secure and such after this week is over, too busy! 

It's been running 24h+ with no issues after clicking cancel on the error, and none of my USB devices are malfunctioning at all. Is this really a worry? Technically...it should be yes, but in this case is it practical to be concerned? 

12 minutes ago, TGJamieErin said:

I'll check my connections to make sure they're secure and such after this week is over, too busy! 

It's been running 24h+ with no issues after clicking cancel on the error, and none of my USB devices are malfunctioning at all. Is this really a worry? Technically...it should be yes, but in this case is it practical to be concerned? 

If everything works, I wouldn't worry. But it sounds like an irritation, so if its a 5 minute fix, might as well take a stab at it

Cool, I'll check everything out next Monday and update y'all in here if anything comes up, other than that, everything is fine, I rarely turn my PC off, so I don't have to be bothered by it much at all.