François Piednoël Quits Intel

LL

Who is François Piednoël, you ask? Why, just the principal engineer at Intel for nearly 20 years now. He has been involved in the architecture development of CPUs, including Katmai, Conroe, Penryn, and Nehalem as well as SoCs in Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge, Haswell, Broadwell, Skylake, and Kaby Lake.

Source: https://www.techpowerup.com/235385/francois-piednoel-quits-intel

This is not looking good for Intel, I hope that he will go to mobile chip architecture development

François Piednoël was engineer at Intel has been involved in the architecture development of CPUs.

I wonder what company he will go to, assuming he goes to another company developing some kind of processors.

Apple maybe? They are heavily invested in the development of several types of processors, and they are not exactly short on cash.

Or maybe Google and their Tensor processors.

I don't think he'd go AMD.

A lot of industry people are calling it.  The x86 / x64 is not the architecture of the future.  People are now focusing more on ASICs and other more software defined solutions.

Your entry does not meet the posting guidelines, and was was moved out as a result to "CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory" forum section

If you fix your post, I can move it back to Tech News section, just notify me when done.