GPU Overclock Suddenly went Bad

Zacm101

I run a 24/7 pc with 3 R9 390X and 1 R9 290. I have only slight overclocks on them. Around 3-7%. They have been running stable for months, however I moved the pc to another room (its got better temps in the room as well) it started crashing. Why would that happen? I brought it back to the other room still crashing. Lowered the clocks, and now everything but default crashes. I am stumped. 

CPU: Intel Xeon X5690 @4.4GHZ; Motherboard: EVGA x58 Classified 3 E770; RAM: 12 GB Corsair Dominator; GPU: Nvidia GTX 980Ti; PSU: Corsair CX-M 650W; Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma; Mouse: Razer Deathadder 3.5g

15 hours ago, Alaradia said:

try reseating them

Already have, But thanks though!

CPU: Intel Xeon X5690 @4.4GHZ; Motherboard: EVGA x58 Classified 3 E770; RAM: 12 GB Corsair Dominator; GPU: Nvidia GTX 980Ti; PSU: Corsair CX-M 650W; Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma; Mouse: Razer Deathadder 3.5g

make sure the cables that go from the power supply to the graphics cards are plugged in right by unplugging them with everything shut off and plugging them back in until you hear a click. Do this on both the side of the cable that goes into the power supply and the side that goes in the video card.

also, check your temps. Who knows. Maybe a case fan died when moving the PC and they're not getting enough air now.

If neither of those things work.. maybe it had nothing to do with the move.

Maybe it's just a coincidence.

So, I'd try uninstalling your video card driver (checking the box to delete it to), restart the computer, let it automatically install a basic driver, and then update it with the driver from the manufactures website.