EVGA GTX 560 Ti SC vs. Palit GTX 570 Sonic Platinum

I would rather go for a new card.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

get a 7770, i think thats 100 euro +-

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Hey! :)

I could sell my current cpu (evga gtx 560 ti sc) for around 90€ and get an Palit GTX 570 Sonic Platinum instead for about 105€. Would it be worth it? 

How much more performance would i get? :-)

Thanks! :)

If you mean you will be paying 15€ more in the end I would go for it.

This should give you a general idea of how much better it should perform.

http://videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

That is not so much of an upgrade.More like a sidegrade to me..Don't expect that much performance improvement other than more heat being output and higher power consumption.

I would get a more recent card if i were you. Something with at least Kepler GPU

CPU:

Intel Core i5 2500k - Motherboard: Asus maximus iv gene-z - RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance Blue 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - GPU: ASUS GTX 770 DirectCU II
Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 II - Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate barracuda 3TB PSU: XFX 650W XXX Edition Modular PSU - Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 Pro
Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 - Sound: Razer Characias

That is not so much of an upgrade.More like a sidegrade to me..Don't expect that much performance improvement other than more heat being output and higher power consumption.

i wanted that to be an sidegrade.. there is not the money for an big upgrade atm bu i thought i better cooler and a bit more performance would be cool. :-)

Rheinwasser, on 28 Nov 2013 - 01:52 AM, said:Rheinwasser, on 28 Nov 2013 - 01:52 AM, said:

i wanted that to be an sidegrade.. there is not the money for an big upgrade atm bu i thought i better cooler and a bit more performance would be cool. :-)

Performance wise, in today's games, there aren't much to be expected really. I was in a similiar situation as yours too. I own an Asus gtx 560ti Top DCII (but sadly had to RMA it few days ago) and late last year I bought a reference gtx 570 hoping for a slightly noticeably performance improvement (it was a BF3 season) and because it was priced cheaper than my gtx 560ti. But it performed more or less the same (the 560ti is factory oc'd at 900mhz) and because the DCII cooler looks better than a reference cooler, I sold the 570 and bought a ssd and BF3 DLC instead. 

But in your case, that Sonic Phantom cooler does look really good and it would be a nice sidegrade for just 15€. And it is definitely more silent than that stock 560ti cooler.

Btw, I like your sig. 'Proud Windows Phone Owner'. Me too (L620 :))  

In your position I would go for it because I like the feeling of "new" hardware even if it barely improves anything. Sounds like the upgrade would be worth it. The better cooling and some more speed will be nice too