Is this a joke? Win10

MxZeal

I JUST formatted 5 minutes ago and windows can't even get my name right

8Ne01fP.png

I can't rename the folder... how can i fix this?

(The user folder is aryaa which has one too many letters if you didn't notice)

4 minutes ago, MxZeal said:

I JUST formatted 5 minutes ago and windows can't even get my name right

Windows noticed the joke your parents did when creating your name. Windows tought it was a good joke, and ran with it? Doubt you can catch up, might need to do a clean install.

does it really matter tho? 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

If your username is over 5 characters long it will be truncated to 5.  I've never seen what happens when it is under 4... I guess it repeats the last?  idk.  Regardless reinstalling with all the same settings isn't going to change anything.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

does it really matter tho? 

Guess not it's just really stupid lol

9 hours ago, yathis said:

Yeah why does it matter what the pc name is?

it's not the hostname, it's the user folder name

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Not sure if this will work on W10 & this particular case, but a while ago I just created a new user/admin, deleted the old acc. folder's and then switched back. 

20 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

If your username is over 5 characters long it will be truncated to 5.  I've never seen what happens when it is under 4... I guess it repeats the last?  idk.  Regardless reinstalling with all the same settings isn't going to change anything.

Mine's 4 characters and its fine

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

On 7/19/2017 at 4:53 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

I think that's only when creating an online account. If you create an offline account, it will make the user folder name exactly as a person wrote it, just as previous Windows versions did.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987